Photoshop Book

This forum is where you can show off your art, such as emulator software skins, DVD and CD covers; or discuss other art-related topics.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Photoshop Book

Post by bizzle »

I kind of get pushed into designing a website for my boss's other company, I need to really start learning more than the basics of Photoshop. I can't stand trying to read tutorials online and if I buy a book the company will most likely pay for it, so cost isn't a problem. The question is, what do you think the best book to get a head start would be?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

If you're designing a website you probably don't want to jump right into Photoshop, maybe something like DreamWeaver, or read a little about page design first.

Also, I know Adobe makes 'Classroom in a Book' books, which include files and different lessons for you to follow. I have used the InDesign one and it has helped IMMENSELY... book and CD were only about $40 too.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

MulletMan13 wrote:If you're designing a website you probably don't want to jump right into Photoshop, maybe something like DreamWeaver, or read a little about page design first.

Also, I know Adobe makes 'Classroom in a Book' books, which include files and different lessons for you to follow. I have used the InDesign one and it has helped IMMENSELY... book and CD were only about $40 too.
I know Dreamweaver pretty well already from a class before, I just can't design graphics worth of shit, mostly because of a lack of creativity, but if I learn to use more than basic cut and pasting I might be able to show something creative.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

if they have a legit version of photoshop, the actual manual it has is pretty good actually
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

not just souLLy now wrote:if they have a legit version of photoshop, the actual manual it has is pretty good actually
I do, but the location of the manual is unknown, I was given the laptop with it installed.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

I found the manual from another copy of Photoshop at the office and I'm going to take a look at that. Any other specific recommendations?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

See if any of the reviews on this site are helpful. I don't use PhotoShop much, personally (I am a PaintShopPro fanboy), and I also don't read very often, so I can't really contribute much more than that.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.