Do you smoke?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:Back when I was in high school, some people smoked what we called 'beedies' back then. At least that's how I spell it. They almost looked like joints. They were tobacco (plus cloves probably) rolled in a greenish leaf. They were pretty small, too. You could get them in most stores that had a good cigarette selection. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Could you point out a couple brands?

Bidis are a type of Indian cigarette wrapped in a tendu leaf.. they don't contain cloves; they're a lot worse for you than regular cigarettes.
Thanks. Now I was able to look them up on Wikipedia. I see that not having a filter really makes 'em bad. I just thought they were so cool though. :)
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Luriden »

Mehn0rz. It's really cold and windy today, so all the smokers at school stood under the roof by the doors to one of the buildlings. The wind would blow the smoke in the building whenever someone opened a door and the whole first floor smelled like it. Like I said, I'm a smoker so I can only say so much, but being forced to smell that all morning was pretty aggrivating. Cigs taste good, but smell like ass when you're not the one smoking them.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
Nick wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The smoke burns enough, but that spice is just like a double hit.

How do you smoke them, usually, darc? Small puffs or big drags?
Either really... depends on my mood. As a beginner, though, you should take small puffs, I guess. Keep in mind they do burn a lot more slowly, so don't force it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: are you inhaling? Because if your mouth is burning, the taste is overwhelmingly obnoxious, and you aren't getting euphoria, it sounds like you aren't inhaling.
Yeah, I'm inhaling, just not big drags. Smaller ones. A medium/large drag burns the hell out of my throat and makes me hack up a bunch of shit. Combo of the smoke/cloves there.

If what you're asking is am I just drawing on the cig then letting the smoke/taste stay in my mouth, then no, I'm not doing that.
Very sexy hero, omg
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Thomas wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:Back when I was in high school, some people smoked what we called 'beedies' back then. At least that's how I spell it. They almost looked like joints. They were tobacco (plus cloves probably) rolled in a greenish leaf. They were pretty small, too. You could get them in most stores that had a good cigarette selection. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Could you point out a couple brands?
I smoked a few back in high school, but haven't seen any place to buy them since I started to smoke regularly. I quite enjoy beedies.
I remember them. had 1 or 2. not that good.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:Whenever I'm online, I always see tons of people talking about smoking cloves. And yet, in person, I know no one who smokes cloves and I never see anyone smoking them in public or at school. Is it just a nerd thing?
Cloves have always been the 'underground' cool trendy thing to do. People dont actually 'smoke' them...(like a reg pack of ciggs).. People buy a pack to smoke 1 or 2, then end up having them sit on their shelf.

People who actually smoke cloves (that is there main brand) are either :

1) Uber goths that will give it up in a month, after realizing their lungs are fuxord'.

2) Old people from yester-year. between this and lucky strikes, they will be getting cancer in 1-2 weeks.
Say that as much as you want, but in Indonesia 90% of smokers smoke clove cigarettes.
I was more refering to regular americans... I mean like people that dont have a cultural connection to them.

Yeah, I was talking about just regular us born people.. etc.. you see what i m saying right? On that account, do you agree/ disagree?
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I.M. Weasel wrote:I was more refering to regular americans... I mean like people that dont have a cultural connection to them.

Yeah, I was talking about just regular us born people.. etc.. you see what i m saying right? On that account, do you agree/ disagree?
I don't know if I'd say that the Indonesians have a cultural connection to them... They were first began smoking kreteks (clove cigarettes) in the 1880s. The kretek simply took off there, not really like an ancient ritual or anything (like Native American tobacco smoking is considered).

Well, I've only known two people who smoked cloves, and they both started with cloves and have switched to regular cigarettes. Other than that, I hear a few people praise them but I don't know anyone who smokes them as their main brand.

I've been smoking cloves for over a year now, but I only have a cigarette every now and then... I consider myself a person who smokes, but not a smoker.
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:I was more refering to regular americans... I mean like people that dont have a cultural connection to them.

I don't know if I'd say that the Indonesians have a cultural connection to them... They were first began smoking kreteks (clove cigarettes) in the 1880s. The kretek simply took off there, not really like an ancient ritual or anything (like Native American tobacco smoking is considered).

Well, I've only known two people who smoked cloves, and they both started with cloves and have switched to regular cigarettes. Other than that, I hear a few people praise them but I don't know anyone who smokes them as their main brand.

I've been smoking cloves for over a year now, but I only have a cigarette every now and then... I consider myself a person who smokes, but not a smoker.
I know two people who smoke cloves. One only smokes cloves, but not like a tobacco smoker would, maybe a pack every other week or week 1/2. The other smokes regular cigs and smokes cloves too at a less frequency (but still regularly).

They're both major potheads though, and often use the cloves as extra filler for joints.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I go through a pack of blacks about every 1.5-2 weeks. Since starting last school year, one of my other good friends started smoking them off and on (most of the time only when she works as a waitress). My other friend moved on to regular cigarettes.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

After reading this topic, I want to try a clove. Ever thought of getting work as a car salesman, darc?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Egotistical EvilN wrote:After reading this topic, I want to try a clove. Ever thought of getting work as a car salesman, darc?
I'm not even trying to get people to smoke cloves. o_O

But some people say I should be a lawyer, as I can be pretty convincing. :lol:
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Living in a city with over 20 colleges, a lot of people around here smoke cloves, and every time I smell some I have the urge to go out and buy some, although i've never really smoked. Even if just to light it like incense (what a waste that would be...).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man