Do you smoke?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

Anyone got any tips on smoking the Blacks (Djarum)? They tasted like absolute shit to me, but that was my first time smoking anything.

On a side note, any way NOT to smell like fucking ass after smoking?

I'm not trying to chain smoke or anything, but I must say, it was pretty relaxing (which was why I wanted to try 'em in the first place). But they tasted pretty awful. Probably a first time thing. They smell pretty good though.
Very sexy hero, omg
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I never understood why people liked Djarums Blacks. Terrible stuff. Djarum's tobacco in general is just bad. Try smoking an American Spirit unfilitered. Sweet tasting tobacco none of that clove filler.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Blacks do taste bad and smell good.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I liked Djarum Blacks the first time I bought a pack, but I picked one up last week and they were absolutely awful. The smell of clove cigarette seems to get stuck longer on clothes and other stuff, so not sure how to not smell afterward besides air out outside or some spray/cologne to mask it.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I just had another one. If what people find tastes good about these is the clove, then these just suck ass. It's like I opened up the spice cabinet, crushed some random shit into a rolling paper, then lit it on fire.

For those of you who do smoke these, how long are you drawing on the cig before you inhale? I find that these are damn strong (compounded with the fact that I've never really smoked shit before) and that the spices really burn my mouth up a bit. Also, in terms of the "euphoric" feeling, how are you going about achieving that?

Edit: Yeah, the burning is definately the spice. It smells/tastes exactly like cloves (as I guess it should). Been awhile since I've had anything with those in it, but yeah, after confirming it, that's definately what the overpowering taste is. Tasty... :?
Last edited by Nick on Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Very sexy hero, omg
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

jaredfogle wrote:Blacks do taste bad and smell good.
African Americans.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nick wrote:Anyone got any tips on smoking the Blacks (Djarum)? They tasted like absolute shit to me, but that was my first time smoking anything.

On a side note, any way NOT to smell like fucking ass after smoking?

I'm not trying to chain smoke or anything, but I must say, it was pretty relaxing (which was why I wanted to try 'em in the first place). But they tasted pretty awful. Probably a first time thing. They smell pretty good though.
You get used to them. When I started smoking again after Katrina, I found them repulsive.

Blacks are strong and are probably not most people's first smoke.

You might like the vanillas better.
It's thinking...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The smoke burns enough, but that spice is just like a double hit.

How do you smoke them, usually, darc? Small puffs or big drags?
Very sexy hero, omg
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I smoke them like normal cigarettes, long drags. Another thing I noticed about cloves this time, is they make everything you eat or drink afterwards taste horribe, and also numb your mouth a bit. I've never had the Vanillas, so I can't suggest them as something softer, but the Blacks pretty strong. I forget the other kind of cloves I have had, but they were filterless and strong as hell.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I bought a pack of Djarum Bali Hai's, and they have turned me away from smoking completely.

Well, back to being a non-smoker...

... and just when I was getting to be popular too :'(
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nick wrote:Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The smoke burns enough, but that spice is just like a double hit.

How do you smoke them, usually, darc? Small puffs or big drags?
Either really... depends on my mood. As a beginner, though, you should take small puffs, I guess. Keep in mind they do burn a lot more slowly, so don't force it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: are you inhaling? Because if your mouth is burning, the taste is overwhelmingly obnoxious, and you aren't getting euphoria, it sounds like you aren't inhaling.
Thomas wrote:I smoke them like normal cigarettes, long drags. Another thing I noticed about cloves this time, is they make everything you eat or drink afterwards taste horribe, and also numb your mouth a bit. I've never had the Vanillas, so I can't suggest them as something softer, but the Blacks pretty strong. I forget the other kind of cloves I have had, but they were filterless and strong as hell.
Cloves numb your mouth and throat. They were originally smoked to kill pain by Indonesians.

And yeah, they do make food taste bad... I spit often and gargle water when I'm done sometimes.
It's thinking...
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Whenever I'm online, I always see tons of people talking about smoking cloves. And yet, in person, I know no one who smokes cloves and I never see anyone smoking them in public or at school. Is it just a nerd thing?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Whenever I'm online, I always see tons of people talking about smoking cloves. And yet, in person, I know no one who smokes cloves and I never see anyone smoking them in public or at school. Is it just a nerd thing?
No, it has nothing to do with nerds. I see a few people on my campus smoking cloves.
It's thinking...
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Whenever I'm online, I always see tons of people talking about smoking cloves. And yet, in person, I know no one who smokes cloves and I never see anyone smoking them in public or at school. Is it just a nerd thing?
I think it's more a convenience thing. I only see Cloves at smoke shops, at least around here. It's far easier to grab a pack of Reds on the way to work than go out of your way to the nearest tobacconist.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Blacks were the first thing I ever smoked. In the dorms I lived in last year, there were big with the group of people I associated with. Granted, that's only a small percentage of the population, but there's always a few in the ashtray outside.
Also, don't buy blacks if you expect the same experience as a regular cigarette. They burn slower and you should take smaller drags.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Cloves have always been the 'underground' cool trendy thing to do. People dont actually 'smoke' them...(like a reg pack of ciggs).. People buy a pack to smoke 1 or 2, then end up having them sit on their shelf.

People who actually smoke cloves (that is there main brand) are either :

1) Uber goths that will give it up in a month, after realizing their lungs are fuxord'.

2) Old people from yester-year. between this and lucky strikes, they will be getting cancer in 1-2 weeks.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
Cloves have always been the 'underground' cool trendy thing to do. People dont actually 'smoke' them...(like a reg pack of ciggs).. People buy a pack to smoke 1 or 2, then end up having them sit on their shelf.

People who actually smoke cloves (that is there main brand) are either :

1) Uber goths that will give it up in a month, after realizing their lungs are fuxord'.

2) Old people from yester-year. between this and lucky strikes, they will be getting cancer in 1-2 weeks.
Say that as much as you want, but in Indonesia 90% of smokers smoke clove cigarettes.
It's thinking...
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Back when I was in high school, some people smoked what we called 'beedies' back then. At least that's how I spell it. They almost looked like joints. They were tobacco (plus cloves probably) rolled in a greenish leaf. They were pretty small, too. You could get them in most stores that had a good cigarette selection. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Could you point out a couple brands?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Back when I was in high school, some people smoked what we called 'beedies' back then. At least that's how I spell it. They almost looked like joints. They were tobacco (plus cloves probably) rolled in a greenish leaf. They were pretty small, too. You could get them in most stores that had a good cigarette selection. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Could you point out a couple brands?

Bidis are a type of Indian cigarette wrapped in a tendu leaf.. they don't contain cloves; they're a lot worse for you than regular cigarettes.
It's thinking...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:Back when I was in high school, some people smoked what we called 'beedies' back then. At least that's how I spell it. They almost looked like joints. They were tobacco (plus cloves probably) rolled in a greenish leaf. They were pretty small, too. You could get them in most stores that had a good cigarette selection. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Could you point out a couple brands?
I smoked a few back in high school, but haven't seen any place to buy them since I started to smoke regularly. I quite enjoy beedies.