FFXII leaked a month early

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FFXII leaked a month early

Post by APE »

http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showth ... ge=1&pp=10

This will make or break many a sales of the legit game.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I doubt there will be any bigger effect than if it was leaked a week before launch. Final Fantasy XII will still sell huge. If anything, Halo 2, Half-Life 2, San Andreas, etc have taught us this.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I've been playing it (only a little, not had a lot of free time over the past 2 days), I'm still a bit "why?" about the battle system, but it seems good so far :D

And dont give me stick about it - the game wont be here til like april next year knowing UK release dates.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I was gonna import this, but I'm just gonna be waaaay too busy with college this year to even bother with videogames. :(
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

Its times like this I wish I would have bought a ps2. :?
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

If I only had the guts to mod my PS2.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:If I only had the guts to mod my PS2.
Heh. I cant go into too much information because this thread is already full of naughty warez, but you dont need to mod your PS2.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Link is down.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

BoneyCork wrote:
Freaky Keneaki wrote:If I only had the guts to mod my PS2.
Heh. I cant go into too much information because this thread is already full of naughty warez, but you dont need to mod your PS2.
Hes right, I use a mirror and some cocaine to reflect the laser off the security portion of a PS2 dvd onto a dvd+r.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I'll wait for the real deal. I played the demo when I used to have DQ8, and it got me really excited about it. It's like FF8, FF9, and FF11 all had a baby together. Can't wait.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:I'll wait for the real deal. I played the demo when I used to have DQ8, and it got me really excited about it. It's like FF8, FF9, and FF11 all had a baby together. Can't wait.
So it's like the worst games in the series combined?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:
Mr. Jeeba wrote:I'll wait for the real deal. I played the demo when I used to have DQ8, and it got me really excited about it. It's like FF8, FF9, and FF11 all had a baby together. Can't wait.
So it's like the worst games in the series combined?
Yes, they were the worst of the numerically titled FF games, but they were still good games (I can't speak on behalf of 11, though--I've never played it).
It's thinking...
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

butters wrote:
So it's like the best games in the series combined?
Yes, you could say that.
Very sexy hero, omg
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Eh. No need for sarcasm. When it comes to the Final Fantasy series, there's all different tastes. 8 was my favorite. 7 was amazing. 6 I think had the best plot. 9 was very fun, solid, and so very different (as far as the theme goes). I hated 10. I was addicted to 11 for a long time. Loved that one too. All an opinion on a wide range of titles.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Mr. Jeeba wrote:Eh. No need for sarcasm. When it comes to the Final Fantasy series, there's all different tastes. 8 was my favorite. 7 was amazing. 6 I think had the best plot. 9 was very fun, solid, and so very different (as far as the theme goes). I hated 10. I was addicted to 11 for a long time. Loved that one too. All an opinion on a wide range of titles.
Your favorite is my least favorite. I hate the battle system and the story never got off the ground quick enough to keep me interested.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

I've only played a few FF games, and the only ones I've actually finished were the first two gameboy ones. :P But I don't know if this leak would hurt the sales or not. On one hand, San Andreas and Halo 2 both sold well despite the leaks, but you gotta remember that unlike the fanbase of those games, FF's players are more likely to be HUGE NERDS and therefore capable of pirating the game ;)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

SinisterTengu wrote:I've only played a few FF games, and the only ones I've actually finished were the first two gameboy ones. :P But I don't know if this leak would hurt the sales or not. On one hand, San Andreas and Halo 2 both sold well despite the leaks, but you gotta remember that unlike the fanbase of those games, FF's players are more likely to be HUGE NERDS and therefore capable of pirating the game ;)
Oh please. You cannot tell me that Halo 2 has less nerds playing it than a Final Fantasy game.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

melancholy wrote:
SinisterTengu wrote:I've only played a few FF games, and the only ones I've actually finished were the first two gameboy ones. :P But I don't know if this leak would hurt the sales or not. On one hand, San Andreas and Halo 2 both sold well despite the leaks, but you gotta remember that unlike the fanbase of those games, FF's players are more likely to be HUGE NERDS and therefore capable of pirating the game ;)
Oh please. You cannot tell me that Halo 2 has less nerds playing it than a Final Fantasy game.
I'd have to know the size of each player base before I could tell you that.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Halo 2 is a WAY easier game to pirate than FFXII is. Just one thing to keep in mind. Now, you can't play on Live if you pirate (which, honestly, is where 99% of the actual game is at), but if you just want some offline multiplayer/single player action, pirating the game was damn easy.
Very sexy hero, omg
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

I preordered the collectors edition of FFXII, I'll leave it sealed and either A)keep it for eternity as a collection piece or B)sell it on ebay for very big profit.