Do you smoke?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jaredfogle »

BoneyCork wrote:smoking in public can be wiped out without major problems (this has been proven in many countries already)
Yeah, but not in America. And that's the only country that matters.

Let's take a hypothetical sitchation for a moment. I'm in a big, busy city. I'm walking several blocks to my destination, and I have no money to admit me to a place I can smoke in. Sucks, doesn't it? I want a cigarette. Then some cocksuckerasshole rides through a puddle and splashes mud all over my white pants. FUCK. This is SHIT! FUCK FUCK!

Okay. Not that big a deal. They're just pants, and I'm almost halfway there. Goddamn I'd kill for a smoke right now. This concealed weapon I possess sure is heavy. Pisses me off. Heavy guns. I want a smoke.

Then I'm walking past a coffee shop with an outside area. There's this smarmy looking little shit talking to a pretty girl about current events. Y'know, so he can impress her with how With It he is. The closer I get, the more intense the hatred. Then when I'm within earshot, I hear what he's talking to her about.

"YOU'RE SO FUCKING GLAD THEY BANNED PUBLIC SMOKING?" The smarmy little shit starts to pee on himself. "Huh? Fuck! Fuck!. Wouldn't cause ANY problems? Hm? NONE AT ALL!?" I pull out my gun and blow his head off, nice and clean. Real tasty.

Yeah, I know it's hyperbolic. I might actually tell the kid what a dick he is. But a crazy person, you see, carries a gun in a city. So it could hypothetically cause societal disturbance.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

jaredfogle wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:smoking in public can be wiped out without major problems (this has been proven in many countries already)

Let's take a hypothetical sitchation for a moment. I'm in a big, busy city. I'm walking several blocks to my destination, and I have no money to admit me to a place I can smoke in. Sucks, doesn't it? I want a cigarette. Then some cocksuckerasshole rides through a puddle and splashes mud all over my white pants. FUCK. This is SHIT! FUCK FUCK!

Okay. Not that big a deal. They're just pants, and I'm almost halfway there. Goddamn I'd kill for a smoke right now. This concealed weapon I possess sure is heavy. Pisses me off. Heavy guns. I want a smoke.

Then I'm walking past a coffee shop with an outside area. There's this smarmy looking little shit talking to a pretty girl about current events. Y'know, so he can impress her with how With It he is. The closer I get, the more intense the hatred. Then when I'm within earshot, I hear what he's talking to her about.

"YOU'RE SO FUCKING GLAD THEY BANNED PUBLIC SMOKING?" The smarmy little shit starts to pee on himself. "Huh? Fuck! Fuck!. Wouldn't cause ANY problems? Hm? NONE AT ALL!?" I pull out my gun and blow his head off, nice and clean. Real tasty.

Yeah, I know it's hyperbolic. I might actually tell the kid what a dick he is. But a crazy person, you see, carries a gun in a city. So it could hypothetically cause societal disturbance.
OK. so weed is safer than breathing pure mountain air, STDs are Christian propaganda and public smoking bans = murder. I wish I lived in your world.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

jaredfogle wrote:

I'm against public smoking bans, but that was so fucking stupid.

I suppose I really don't have an opinion on it. I'm a smoker myself, and call me a hypocrite, but I hate the smell of smoke. I've hated the smell all my life (not sure why I even started, I hate the smell more than anything). You don't smell the smoke while you're smoking though, the taste kinda overwhelms, or at least I don't smell the same thing that I do when I smell second-hand smoke. I think every place should just have a set-up smoking area that people can go to. And if it's a big area, make several of them. When I'm at school, there's people lighting up all over the place and they sit outside of every building smoking, that kinda annoys me. I don't smoke in public simply because I know where non-smokers come from when they say you can't go anywhere without smelling it, and my school is a perfect example of that. There's times where I just don't want to be inhaling that shit, and once I step outside, I have no choice.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I'm against public smoking bans, but that was so fucking stupid.
Agreed.

Too many people smoke too often for there to be a public smoking ban here... though smokers really need to learn to be courteous and get out of the personal area of others, or they're going to be faced with a ban.

Freaky Keneaki wrote:I think every place should just have a set-up smoking area that people can go to. And if it's a big area, make several of them. When I'm at school, there's people lighting up all over the place and they sit outside of every building smoking, that kinda annoys me. I don't smoke in public simply because I know where non-smokers come from when they say you can't go anywhere without smelling it, and my school is a perfect example of that. There's times where I just don't want to be inhaling that shit, and once I step outside, I have no choice.
At my school there's a long row of benches that people call "smoker's alley," where most people go to smoke, although you can smoke anywhere outside on campus. One of my friends is trying to get a section made in the dorm building where people can smoke inside, so smoker's aren't fucked when it's raining.
It's thinking...
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I just smoke when I'm out to drink. Back as a teen I used to smoke quite regularly but for some reason I always knew I wasn't addicted. Now I can smoke half a pack while at a bar then not feel the smallest urge to smoke the next day and go forever without one. Granted I love the nicotine but I've never been addicted.

That said, true smokers don't bug me. Let them have outside for chrissake!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I think I'm half-addicted. I started smoking at home in the bathroom when there was nothing really going on, no company or anything. I smoke about 1ppd just doing the same thing: smoking in the bathroom so I don't get caught. When we have company, I don't feel the urge, I just wait until they're gone because that's what my body is used to. When I'm in public, I have absolutely no urge whatsoever since my body (mind) isn't used to receiving nicotine outside of home. That's how I can go all day at school without it. However, one I come home and have one, I'm like "WTF WHERE U BEEN ALL MY LIFEEEEEE".
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Djarum blacks are tastey. Only had them as a base for a joint before though, but I also love the smell (and can't stand tobacco smoke).
Last edited by Quzar on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Yeah, goes to show how funny the mind works with associating things together.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Yes.
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Roofus wrote:OK. so weed is safer than breathing pure mountain air, STDs are Christian propaganda and public smoking bans = murder. I wish I lived in your world.
Haha. I'll bet you do. But you see, if everyone behaved as I do, STDs really would be a big 'ol problem.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Quzar wrote:Djarum blacks are tastey. Only had them as a base for a joint before though, but I also love the smell (and can't stand tobacco smoke).
I love the taste of them, but they smell like bad incense to me.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I ordered some Djarum Blacks the other day. Can't find them around here, and I'm not old enough to buy them legally anyway.

Smoking has never really appealed to me all that much, but I heard good things about Blacks, so...

Luckily, I don't really have an addictive personality. I'll love something for like three months (say, Frosted Flakes), and then I won't be able to even look at them for a year. It's like suddenly something becomes super nasty. Go figure.
Very sexy hero, omg
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I don't smoek cigs anymore. I went from 10 a day then to 4-6 and then just stopped. Have not had one since. I just have the ocasinal cigar now.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Well the feeling of high seems to be lasting, and I don't get sick anymore.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

Once in a while when i go back down to cali ill smoke some tobacco with a hooka. to me it tastes a lot better than any cig when you use orange flavor tobacco and orage juice or sunnyD as the hooka water..

and no..its not a bong.see
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

SadisticSaviorX wrote:Once in a while when i go back down to cali ill smoke some tobacco with a hooka. to me it tastes a lot better than any cig when you use orange flavor tobacco and orage juice or sunnyD as the hooka water..

and no..its not a bong.see
I've always wanted to buy a hooka. Anf flavored tobacco is good. I'll buy a pouch of it every so often to roll my own cigs with it
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I haven't smoked a hooka in years.. It's delicious though. Especially if you're sipping on some good liquor while doing it.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

jaredfogle wrote:

:guffaw: I love you.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Has anybody tried the vanillas? ( I think they are Djarums)

I know someone posted a link in the forums before, but I'm not quite sure. I love anything having to do with vanilla (except straight vanilla extract), so it seems like a natural progression for me.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i dont
and even if i did i'd quit
michigan cig prices are bad
$5.75 a pack
WELCO
ME
TOT