Boxed Dreamcast $20 at good wil; update

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boxed Dreamcast $20 at good wil; update

Post by B-RAD »

I was browsing my local good will today and came upon a boxed dc in a glass case up front near the registers. Now, I know very little of this console, let alone what its worth. So, is this a good deal? Because I'm thinking about going back tommorow and picking it up.
Last edited by B-RAD on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I sell them for $30, depends on whether you want the box or not. Personally, the DC is the only console I really don't care about the box for. It's bulky, and the console really isn't worth enough to justify keeping them.

If you need another Dreamcast, though, then snatch that up, because it's harder to find them "in the wild" (i.e. offline) these days.
Very sexy hero, omg
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Considering that I've seen loose ones go for about that price, I'd say yes. A spare dc is always useful just in case you need spare parts to pull from.

If it were me, I would buy it.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

That's a good price. Go for it.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Sounds like a steal to me, here I'd have to pay at least twice the amount for the system.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by B-RAD »

here's what the problem is: people usually donate things to goodwill, right? so, who would donate a boxed dc if something was wrong with it? I'm gonna buy tonight anyway, and see if they'll let me take it out of the box and examine before buying. I'll let ya all know how it went.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

B-RAD wrote:here's what the problem is: people usually donate things to goodwill, right? so, who would donate a boxed dc if something was wrong with it? I'm gonna buy tonight anyway, and see if they'll let me take it out of the box and examine before buying. I'll let ya all know how it went.
or a kid moved out and his mom got rid of all his old crap. I see no reason why it would not be in working order, or atleast booting up order.
curtis_ray
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by curtis_ray »

dc getting a lil long in the tooth when you start seein em at the goodwill...next to the 25 cent coffee cups.
dcObsession
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dcObsession »

I got one with hook-ups, 2 controllers, and a red vmu for 24 bucks at my goodwill. I waited till the tag was 50% off when i bought it. My bro also got just the console for 3 bucks at another thrift store. I think thats an awesome deal for a boxed one. Now im waiting for a Saturn and a 'CD.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

Damn it must be nice we never get anything good at our good will.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

You can return it for in-store credit, should it be defective, Snatch it while you can!
B-RAD
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by B-RAD »

Guess I should update: a few days after I posted this thread, I went back and the dc had already been snatched up. :evil: No worries, I already had a working one and was really just buying the boxed one for collecting and in case I needed any spare parts.