Good Idea / Bad Idea?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

Umm who edited my post? Whoever it was: you suck.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I say do it. Yes, it's childish, but so is racism. And what are anti-Klan protestors protesting for? There's freedom of speech and all, it's not like you can get the government to take them off the streets. The most you can hope for is to make a mockery of them and anger them. I don't know if I'd necessarily act out homosexual sex acts, but just do something that makes them feel like the children they are.
Roofus wrote:Moved to Null.
However much you dislike his idea, it doesn't make it any less of a legitimate thread. I don't see why this doesn't fit into Off-Topic material. Moved back to Off-Topic.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Roofus wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:How old are you? 10?

If you think the best way to protest against something is to play dress-up then pretend to have gay sex then you need to grow up. Its a dumb idea, and completely destroys any sort of poltical statement you're trying to make.
jaredfogle wrote:So if you're going to question my motives or call me childish, fuck off and go to another thread
Then why ask us what we think of the idea, if we cant question his motives? Jeez, what an idiot. :lol:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BoneyCork wrote:
Roofus wrote:

If you think the best way to protest against something is to play dress-up then pretend to have gay sex then you need to grow up. Its a dumb idea, and completely destroys any sort of poltical statement you're trying to make.
jaredfogle wrote:So if you're going to question my motives or call me childish, fuck off and go to another thread
Then why ask us what we think of the idea, if we cant question his motives? Jeez, what an idiot. :lol:
I was about to say that. Don't ask and we won't tell. :P
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I think it sounds pretty funny, actually. I'd say it was childish, but considering it's the KKK, I think that the juvenile nature can be excused. No, it probably won't make a difference, but it could. People really, really hate being made fun of -- racists included. If you YouTubed it or something, it'd be a real kick in the balls if it got big. The KKK would look like a bunch of asses.

However, I think the least of your worries is getting your face kicked in. I'd be more worried about being shot at, or potentially killed than simply getting a good beating. Seriously, those guys don't fuck around, and you could find yourself in a really bad situation really, really fast. Something a lot worse than than a really bad beating.

I'd advise against it, or if you do plan on doing it, have some sort of escape plan beyond "getting tossed out after having my ass beaten."
Very sexy hero, omg
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I can totally sympathize with your wanting to protest. Frankly, I like your intent. This is the kind of ballsy thing that you can look back on later and smile.

However - and it's already been said - the gay sex acting definitely isn't the way to go. Not only does it come off as sophomoric (regardless of how you intend it), it would probably work against you if you were to end up in a courtrom.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

You wont end up in trouble. KKK protests and rallys are jokes. Klansmen are jokes aswell. If the protesting croud is bigger than them, they will disperse quickly. Eitherway as long as you arn't a fucking idiot you wont end up in jail. Don't go beating up anyone. Don't entice people to fight you.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Get a lot of people to back you up.

I believe it was Henry Rollins who wanted to get a bunch of gay blacks and jews together and dress them in really colorful robes and have them run through the Klan rally.

If you can get enough people to do that, go for it. The prospect of you getting your ass kicked, however, is great so I'd also like to see you do it alone.

Either way, youtube it.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i say go for it. get back up though, but most of all youtube it.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

impetus wrote:I can totally sympathize with your wanting to protest. Frankly, I like your intent. This is the kind of ballsy thing that you can look back on later and smile.

However - and it's already been said - the gay sex acting definitely isn't the way to go. Not only does it come off as sophomoric (regardless of how you intend it), it would probably work against you if you were to end up in a courtrom.
Holding up a sign that says "I don't much care for your hatred" is also most certainly not the way to go.

Any other ideas? If it ain't fun, you'll have to give me ideas about how to get young folks to go with me. Young folks like to make stupid old people look stupid, y'know?
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Nick wrote:The KKK would look like a bunch of asses.
As opposed to the conservative gentleman's club they are currently perceived as being?

On that note, you should do it.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

BoneyCork wrote:
Roofus wrote:

DUH you don't get it, racism is worse than homophobia.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

But they're racist and homophobic!
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Wait wait wait.

Some of you guys think the Gay Klan Sex thing is homophobic? How so?

And boneycork, down here in TN we've got a Traditional Marriage Amendment on the november ballot, IIRC. If it passes, you don't think something like "Gay Makeout Day" or "First Gay Experience Day" would be a good idea? Y'know, get everyone who doesn't care if gays enter monogamous relations that are recognized by law to come onto the town square and kiss someone of their sex. That shit would organize itself. And be funny. I don't how you'd "miss the point" on that one.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Thats completely different. I just don't understand what you want to achieve? You dont like what the KKK believe in, so youre going to dress up like them and act out gay sex scenes. That isnt making any sort of poltical statement, its just being dumb. They're just going to look at you and think you're stupid kids.

If you're going to go do something that completely isn't serious, then don't expect them to take you seriously.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

BoneyCork wrote:Thats completely different. I just don't understand what you want to achieve? You dont like what the KKK believe in, so youre going to dress up like them and act out gay sex scenes. That isnt making any sort of poltical statement, its just being dumb. They're just going to look at you and think you're stupid kids.

If you're going to go do something that completely isn't serious, then don't expect them to take you seriously.
The KKK isn't just racist, but homophobic as well. Since jared isn't black, acting out gay sex in mockery does have a point.

It would be great if he could round up some black Jews and get them to sodomize each other. Get Lenny Kravitz on the phone, pronto!
It's thinking...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Darcus Magnus wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Thats completely different. I just don't understand what you want to achieve? You dont like what the KKK believe in, so youre going to dress up like them and act out gay sex scenes. That isnt making any sort of poltical statement, its just being dumb. They're just going to look at you and think you're stupid kids.

The KKK isn't just racist, but homophobic as well. Since jared isn't black, acting out gay sex in mockery does have a point.

It would be great if he could round up some black Jews and get them to sodomize each other. Get Lenny Kravitz on the phone, pronto!
While you're at it, dig up Sammy Davis, Jr. as well. :roll:

Anyway - this might be poignant if it were simply a group of actual homosexuals protesting by advertising their homosexuality flagrantly (through signs, simply being together and holding hands, etc.). However, when you start acting out homosexual sketches, especially if you are not (I assume) a homosexual yourself, simply becomes childish. Whether you like it or not, it is.

Simply because the KKK is, in your opinion childish (although I don't believe that they are childish so much as simply ignorant), does not make it okay for you to stoop to their level.

If you have to make an anti-racist protest "fun" in order to gather interest, then you are really going about things the wrong way to begin with. If people want to help stop racism, they want to help stop racism. If they want to act like complete idiots, and really take the chance of alienating homosexuals themselves, then they should go along with your initial idea. However, just remember that you will not achieve anything at all by going at it your way, except to look like idiots.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

...The picture in your avatar doesn't seem to match the ballsy move you're stating.

Maybe its just me?
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

lol, that's the real Jared Fogle (subway guy) in his avatar ;)
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

curt_grymala wrote:While you're at it, dig up Sammy Davis, Jr. as well. :roll:
That last paragraph was more of a joke...
curt_grymala wrote:Anyway - this might be poignant if it were simply a group of actual homosexuals protesting by advertising their homosexuality flagrantly (through signs, simply being together and holding hands, etc.). However, when you start acting out homosexual sketches, especially if you are not (I assume) a homosexual yourself, simply becomes childish. Whether you like it or not, it is.
It could be childish if you were just doing it, but dressed in KKK robes you are mocking the KKK.
curt_grymala wrote:Simply because the KKK is, in your opinion childish (although I don't believe that they are childish somuch as simply ignorant), does not make it okay for you to stoop to their level.
I think there's an extreme difference between hating someone for their ethnicity and mocking the KKK by engaging in an act they blindly hate.
curt_grymala wrote:If you have to make an anti-racist protest "fun" in order to gather interest, then you are really going about things the wrong way to begin with. If people want to help stop racism, they want to help stop racism. If they want to act like complete idiots, and really take the chance of alienating homosexuals themselves, then they should go along with your initial idea. However, just remember that you will not achieve anything at all by going at it your way, except to look like idiots.
Silliness tends to get you much further than seriousness does, but you have to make sure your silliness has a justified, clear reasoning behind it. How do you think shows like The Daily Show and The Colbert Report maintain legitimate influence? If Jon Stewart got up to the desk and simply said "Sir, I do not like your point at all," no one would listen. And even more silly and closer to this issue, how about the Flying Spaghetti Monster? You can't get much more silly than the Flying Spaghetti Monster.... but the guy got a lot of attention and he made a very good point.
It's thinking...