Need a modchip?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
nightstalker100
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nightstalker100 »

Obviously these allow pal machines to play jap games but will the games still run with borders?
terry69ing
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by terry69ing »

Will the mod chip allow me to play backups or will I need a boot Disc for that and if So will it boot up the boot disc. I am interested in buying one dreamcast modchip
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Will the mod chip allow me to play backups or will I need a boot Disc for that and if So will it boot up the boot disc. I am interested in buying one dreamcast modchip
No one here will tell you, you will need to find your answers elsewhere as DCEmulation doesn't condone piracy. Dunno how the rest of this topic is, but that kind of talk will get a legit topic locked. :wink:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

terry69ing wrote:Will the mod chip allow me to play backups or will I need a boot Disc for that and if So will it boot up the boot disc. I am interested in buying one dreamcast modchip
The mod chip is solely for playing imports. It will not enable backup functionality in your console.
Very sexy hero, omg
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Have 10 more in the mail, 7 are unspoken for if anyone still needs one.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.