Lost Megaman game?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lost Megaman game?

Post by jessman »

Hey, guys. I was just doing one of my hobbies (searching for lost or unfinished games on the net) when I came across a very strange game for the Gameboy Color simply titled Rockman DX3. I downloaded it quickly in interest (yes, I know...roms are evil, but my curiosity got the best of me) to find that it seemed very eerie, as it had the same old Megaman X feel to it, but the characters were quite strange and it had many enemies that I can't recall ever seeing before.

All of the levels are playable, and it's quite solid, but it's impossible to beat and the game still needed some polish, but after exploring all that I could do in the game, it almost seems that this title might have been what Megaman Zero or ZX for the DS turned into. I don't know...it's just too weird to be a potential Megaman Xtreme 3. I can't provide you with a link, but you can do a Google search and check these pictures out.

Sorry if no one cares of if you've seen this already, but I'm thinking that there's at least one other Mega Man fan out there besides me. Let me know what you think of the game. It's not very hard to find.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I think I heard about this before and someone mentioned it was some knockoff pirate jobbie.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

are you sure? It's not a finished game. It seemed to just be in beta stages but the music, sounds, and way things are done seem to be too authentic to be a pirate. Hm...

<^_^>
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Not real.

1) Why is the game Chinese? Capcom are a Japanese developer.

2) Why does it not say Capcom anywhere?

3) Why are there zero copyright notices?
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

could be a knock-off or possibly even a hacked rom? Interesting find.

The Chinese language could be explained a couple ways (localized version or Chinese Konami studio), but neither is very likely. The lack of officialese could simply be those particular screenshots. Still, BC is probably right.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

omg!! I still think that mega man 2 (nes) and the first two mega man x titles for the snes are the best of the franchise. And the 3d title made for the psx, I think it was called mega man legends, was the worst.

In addition, I much prefered the older mega man cartoons before the new anime looking one.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Cool find. What do you mean it is impossable? The difficulty is absurd or it is literally impossable like the game crashs to frequently?

On a side not imho the megaman series took a terrable plunge after MM3. It came back briefly with Megaman X, but then died again. Too bad, he's such an awsome character. Would have much rather seen him in Soul Calibur 2 than Link. He should be in the new Smash Brothers.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

I liked Mega Man legends. :(
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Tyne wrote:I liked Mega Man legends. :(
Indeed. Although it certainly didn't have that Megaman feel, by all means it wasn't a bad game at all. Strange controls, sure, but I enjoyed it enough to play it through to the end.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Looks like a damn good hack

And yes, Megaman Legends was something else. But it still rocked.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Well, I'm the only person I know who actually had fun with Mega Man Legends. I just felt like it was TOO different and should've been altered to feature original characters, NOT Mega Man.

Oh, and as far as the "lost game" is concerned. I actually made it to the credits upon playing it feverishly over and over again. It's not that the game freezes on you or anything, but some bosses seem unbeatable as their attacks are IMPOSSIBLE to avoid. But if you have an E-Tank and the right weaponry and skills, you can beat some before they beat you. As I stated before, all of the levels and weapons are unlocked so you could just go to the last level without even playing the others.

This game is easy to find on most rom sites. It just might be named a little differently depending on where you look. I highly recommend downloading it, although certain versions of Visual Boy Advance display the game improperly with messed up graphics and such. Well, let me know if anyone decides to try it. It's pretty neat.

<^_^>