D-Generation X Reunites. Thank God.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

D-Generation X Reunites. Thank God.

Post by Eckostyle »

Now I finally have a reason to be comitted to not missing RAW. At all. Thank you, Vince.

They owned from 98-2000, and I'm sure they'll own now.

I just hope the stable dosent get killed off as quick as nWo. That made me a sadpanda. :cry:
Last edited by Eckostyle on Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mink03
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mink03 »

i just saw the video on you tube...search it.. im too lazy to re link it myself :-P
crabcakes
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Humpin' Hasney wrote:Yeah, because the old things WWE brings back is always awesome. Just look at ECW on Tuesday!
ecw was good to an extent

the bad

in a huge arena

in an arena with wwe fans

children should not be at an ecw event

john cena should never be on

rob van damn isnt supposed to be booed
cena isnt a fan favorte neither is edge and should never be treated as one in ecw

barbie blanks (kelly ) should not be in ecw she is more of a raw diva type

for one she cant even do a striptease well
2 she isnt skanky enough to be in ecw

* the good
the zombie owned since he was just in to poke fun at scifi and gon after getting his ass handed to him by the sandman

and thaat first memeber of the new vampire cult group (he was mordicai in wwe) this works vampires were in old ecw

david heath will be part of the group he was the vampire warrior in ecw and was known as gangrel in wwe
his wife also former ecw wrestler luna vachaun is coming.

one other thing thats good

paul heyman wrote the show

the bad wwe "uncreative team" re wrote it to fit their views of how it should be

the good heyman and everyone else was pissed before the show knowing it was a train wreck waiting to happen.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

/me waits for the anti-wrestling posts to start in this thread. :lol:

I too am glad they reunited though. I loved the HBK, HHH and Chyna days. The HHH, XPAC, Road dogg and Billy Gunn days were good, but I liked HBK better.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

In all honesty, I think they should try the nwo gimmick again. MAYBE get a feud going between nwo and the newly reunited dx. That would be awesome, imo.

I was glad to hear that dx, micheals and triple h reunited for dx; now I might have to start watching raw again, and hope that they might bring back some of the old members.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

In all honesty, I think they should try the nwo gimmick again. MAYBE get a feud going between nwo and the newly reunited dx. That would be awesome, imo.
That would be good. Perhaps the Outsiders v DX. Brings back memories of the olddays of DX invading WCW.
Last edited by Skynet on Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

fa-duck the nWo rehashing... they really ruined it when nash got injured... then with the "extra" additions to nWo... big show and michaels... that was sooo bad...

wwe ruined perhaps the best wrestling angle they could have done when they bought wCw... so much endless possibilities... they ruined goldberg when he got brought in, they ruined nWo, and this new ecw is going to be forgotten in a matter of months... hopefully not though.

TNA people, watch it on SpikeTV!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

djray wrote:fa-duck the nWo rehashing... they really ruined it when nash got injured... then with the "extra" additions to nWo... big show and michaels... that was sooo bad...

wwe ruined perhaps the best wrestling angle they could have done when they bought wCw... so much endless possibilities... they ruined goldberg when he got brought in, they ruined nWo, and this new ecw is going to be forgotten in a matter of months... hopefully not though.

TNA people, watch it on SpikeTV!
about goldberg, on another of my forums, some were saying that during a commercial break he got stuck in the ropes, and was laughed from the building. Kinda ruined his tough image; but seriously, I wonder why he was let go?

I also watch tna, which I agree is better most of the times. wwe, has started reusing old storylines and whatnot, so really it wasn't that big a suprise that they brought dx back. :lol:
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

gold berg was not let go when he went to the wwe he signed a a short part time deal for a few months where he didnt have to work house shows just tv and ppvs i think just 3 tv dates a month was obligated to any other wwe had to pay extra for him.

he didnt like how wwe tried messing him over so didnt wanna re sign he did get offered an extension

he went to japan for a little hes working on mma he might sign for a few fights with k1 or ufc

tna is in talks with him

brock lesner is also getting into mma fighting he was in talks with k1 and pride but might go to ufc they want him also

brock is currently wrestling in new japan pro wrestling hes the world champion in new japan
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Goldberg is a no-talent hack and the match that Stephen (William) Regal got fired from WCW is evidence of that. He got the treatment he deserved. Also Brock is another no-talent bigman that I was glad to see got released.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Goldberg is a no-talent hack and the match that Stephen (William) Regal got fired from WCW is evidence of that.
I am unfamiliar of what you speak of. Care to explain it a bit more?
Also Brock is another no-talent bigman that I was glad to see got released.
I agree with you there. I never was a fan of his. He was quite repulsiv actually :lol:

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i agree about goldberg but brock is actually good

goldberg is ok in very small doses but i am still pissed about what he did bret hart ending his career

the irony is bret was proud that he made a career of never injuring another wrestler and goldberg causes a career ending injury to bret
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Basically Regal refused to job easily for Goldberg. Goldberg, having no real wrestling skill to speak of other than being able to lift other wrestlers for the jackhammer and spear them in the corner, IIRC had to work for a victory rather than do a wham-bam job that his matches are usually subject to. For breaking kayfabe by showing Goldberg's technical inadequacies, Regal got ousted from WCW and WWF picked him up and tried playing him at a "man's man" angle for a short period.

I don't find the "intense powerhouse freak" a very appealing persona for wrestlers. Doesn't make for good storytelling if you ask me.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Basically Regal refused to job easily for Goldberg. Goldberg, having no real wrestling skill to speak of other than being able to lift other wrestlers for the jackhammer and spear them in the corner, IIRC had to work for a victory rather than do a wham-bam job that his matches are usually subject to. For breaking kayfabe by showing Goldberg's technical inadequacies, Regal got ousted from WCW and WWF picked him up and tried playing him at a "man's man" angle for a short period.
That explains a lot. To me Goldberg seems quite plausible against jobbers and nobodys (Lodi anyone? Lenny Lane? Just wrestlers I was never fond of that didn't go far). That seems fair enough, but those guys were also about half his size. He could come out, spear, jackhammer, pin, be out the back before his coffee is ready. That's fine. To me against your big guys like Nash, Giant, Steiner, Hogan, Hall, Sid, etc. it just wouldn't seem right.

There were things I liked about goldberg, but many I hated. But one thing I really loved about WCW, the luchadores. Fantastic stuff right there!

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya but regal was sent back to wcw after that though but wwe was paying for regals rehad while he went back to wcw :) he had a pain killer addiction
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Oh, come on now! They're running out of ideas so they just rehash the same old crap over and over again. It's just much more apparent now...I honestly have no idea why I ever liked the WWE. I'd rather watch "Days of Our Lifes" if I wanted the same amount of "twists and turns" and "realism" that the WWE can offer. ECW is good because they have less crap, but only to an extent...

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
insanedan
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by insanedan »

jessman wrote:Oh, come on now! They're running out of ideas so they just rehash the same old crap over and over again. It's just much more apparent now...I honestly have no idea why I ever liked the WWE. I'd rather watch "Days of Our Lifes" if I wanted the same amount of "twists and turns" and "realism" that the WWE can offer. ECW is good because they have less crap, but only to an extent...
days of our lives?? no no no, if you really want the twists and turns you gotta check out guiding light :)
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

all I've heard of brock's leaving the wwe, was that he and another wrestler were creating some havoc on an airplane and as a result, they were fired..or something.

I didn't mind Brock when Heyman was managing him or when he was fighting The rock, whom I couldn't stand.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

the guy on the plane you're talking about is Curt Hennig (a.k.a. Mr. Perfect).

this is what i heard... but brock left on his own terms because he wanted to tryout for the NFL.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

djray wrote:the guy on the plane you're talking about is Curt Hennig (a.k.a. Mr. Perfect).

this is what i heard... but brock left on his own terms because he wanted to tryout for the NFL.
actully it was brock but curt henning took the heat to protect brock he was frinds with brock and wanted to help him