Man murders girlfriend over sandwich

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Man murders girlfriend over sandwich

Post by Roofus »

Mary Elizabeth McCann loved everybody - even her abusive boyfriend, her sister said.

"I think she thought in a way that she could change him, but there's no changing abusers," Shirley Allison said Friday. "She stayed in there, and she stayed in there. How many times she called me and I could hear him in the background (saying): 'I'm going to kill you.' "

Uniontown police said they believe Walter S. Fordyce made good on those threats shortly after midnight Thursday, when they say he beat and stomped McCann and hit her with a microwave oven in an argument over hoagies.

Fordyce, 58, is charged with criminal homicide in the death of McCann, 54, a widow he began dating about a year ago.

Police found McCann's bloody, battered body lying on a bed upstairs in the home that the couple shared. Fordyce was sitting next to her.

Court papers say Fordyce told the officers: "It was an accident. I didn't do it on purpose."

Uniontown police Chief Kyle Sneddon said the argument focused on hoagies.

"It may have started over some issues they had over sandwiches during the day and carried over into the house," Sneddon said. "He had eaten her hoagie earlier in the day. It definitely wasn't something someone should lose their life over."

Fayette County Coroner Dr. Phillip Reilly would not release the cause of McCann's death until he discusses the matter further with police and the district attorney.

According to court papers:

Fordyce told police he became angry during the argument and threw McCann to the floor. He said he picked up a microwave oven and slammed it onto her chest as she lay on the living-room floor.

Fordyce said he stomped his girlfriend's chest numerous times and ignored her pleas to stop. He grabbed her by the hair and repeatedly slammed her head against the floor until her body went limp. He then carried her upstairs.

He said he went to ask a neighbor to call 911 but nobody was home, so he returned home and drank a beer before going to another neighbor's house and asking them to call paramedics.

Allison, one of McCann's 11 living siblings, said her sister had many friends.

"She was a person everybody loved. No matter who she met, she was a person everybody loved."

Allison said the relationship between McCann and Fordyce was troubled from the start.

"Right after she moved in with him, he started abusing her. I said: 'Mary, please come back home. Don't put up with him.' "

Allison said her sister called the police once after Fordyce locked her out of the home.

"He was just a very abusive person, but she was like most women. She didn't want to press charges."

Allison said McCann's loving personality and her hope to keep the relationship going got the best of her.

"It's not worth it. But I couldn't even get it through to my sister."

Link
mkfreak
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mkfreak »

Yea, I'd be pissed if someone ate my hoagie too, damnit.
Last edited by mkfreak on Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

The guy has bad morals.
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu