So I've got a few laptops all of the sudden...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by melancholy »

fatheadpi wrote:
Alright guys, I'm seriously thinking about that HP. I currently have a Toshiba 2.4ghz Celeron. Is that 1.8 Sempron faster?
The E-machines is a 2.8 gig, so it might be a little faster than the HP. Could probably use a little RAM, luckily the expansion slot's open.
Yeah, but the selling point on the HP was the ATI X200. I'm not looking for a gaming laptop, but I do like to game on the road sometimes, and Intel Graphics is horrible. That, and a big requirement for me is having integrated wireless, which you said that the E-Machine does not have. Still, I'd only have $500 to invest in one (school loan money), and butters will have me beat before I'd even decide.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
Been thanked: 0

Post by fatheadpi »

Either you or I could slap a wireless card in the mini-pci bay on the E-Machines. The integrated GFX looks like some kind of second-gen Intel graphics controller, might be a little better for gaming though I haven't tested that out myself.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

If you can hold off till say mid-Jan or feb, I can give you the asking price for #1 plus whatever it costs to ship (zip 44485). Although im pretty sure someone else will probably be able to snatch it up before I would.

just one question though: what size is the screen on #1. you never mentioned this other than its smaller than the other 2.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

#1's got a 12.1 inch screen. Shipping within the US will hopefully be around $15 for all models with tracking and insurance, gotta make sure they fit in flat rate boxes with the packaging.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

fatheadpi wrote:
I'll offer $550 + shipping (USPS preferrable) or $600 shipped for the Pavillion IF I can get a list of known problems first. I need a decent laptop for school.
Little confused here butters, you're saying $600 out the door for the HP? I always ship with USPS Priority, I can up it to EMS but it'll cost a little more. Any laptop will ship tracked, packed and well insured.

As for known problems, there are none that I have found with the HP. Everything's in good condition, I didn't notice any scratches on the screen. Everything works, the speakers sound pretty damn good (Altec Lansing speakers on the HP BTW). The DVD/CD-Rom drive works fine, no problems playing DVD's. The hard drive formatted without a hitch, and I've had no hangups or problems installing and using the included XP Pro. All the drivers for XP are on the apps CD, a well as DVD software and some useless bundled crap. The only thing "wrong" with the HP is that it came without a battery. As I said easrlier, it will ship with a brand new OEM HP high-capacity battery. The only things I don't know at this point are if it will run on a battery and if it will burn a CD as I'm on vacation in Colorado at the moment. (The battery's being sent to my home in Cali.) I'll get some pics up when I get back to Cali.

There's nothing wrong at all with the E-machines setup, it's stock speakers sound pretty good. The only thing I've found wrong with it is that people don't like E-machines systems for some reason. Again, same as the HP. HDD formatted fine, XP installed fine, no hangups.

The Dell needs a little cleanup on the shell and a new ALT key. It has two ALT keys and the right one is missing so that shouldn't really hinder you.

A few more details on the laptops: All come with AC adapters. The HP comes with a professional-looking HP carry case. The E-Machines comes with a padded Targus notebook bag, but if you want to pay a few extra bucks I can toss it in with the Dell.
I'm sorry about that; I was in a hurry when I posted that. I have no clue how much it costs to ship a laptop so $600 shipped if it's acceptable to you. And FYI the reason I wanted USPS so badly is UPS and Fedex like to leave packages with my neighbors when I'm not here to recieve them...
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

melancholy wrote:I want that HP! Why couldn't this have been posted closer to tax return time!? In a month, I'd take it, but I'm broke right now. :x
meloncholy always takes the words out of my mouth.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Man, everybody wants that HP. Kind of a drag, as that was the one I was contemplating keeping for myself.
And FYI the reason I wanted USPS so badly is UPS and Fedex like to leave packages with my neighbors when I'm not here to recieve them...
Same here, living in aprtments surrounded by illegal migrant farmworkers does wonders for "losing" packages. No matter how many times you tell them they won't leave it at the main office.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

fatheadpi wrote:Man, everybody wants that HP. Kind of a drag, as that was the one I was contemplating keeping for myself.
And FYI the reason I wanted USPS so badly is UPS and Fedex like to leave packages with my neighbors when I'm not here to recieve them...
Same here, living in aprtments surrounded by illegal migrant farmworkers does wonders for "losing" packages. No matter how many times you tell them they won't leave it at the main office.
No pressure man. I'm going to rescind my offer because I can find a simlar deal elsewhere if I look hard enough.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Looks like the HP's fair game again.

And I still do't see why more peeps don't want the E-machine, it's a tits little laptop.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

i'd fancy an e-machine just for web design stuff but i doubt i could get one to the uk without paying a crapload of import charges or postage, good work on this though, seems like good prices
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Postage would probably run aorund $30 - $40 via EMS, maybe $50. I try and mark stuff to get by customs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

fatheadpi wrote:Postage would probably run aorund $30 - $40 via EMS, maybe $50. I try and mark stuff to get by customs, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
If you send it as a gift there is no charge. At least thats how it is with canada
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

Dude come next week im etting my income tax lol!! and I was planning on buying a laptop
the middle would be fine. no need 4 OS if you dont want to sell with Installed. Just Burn a cd with the drivers if ineeded. I dont want to hold anyone up so if some one beats me to the punch sell it. I will not get into a bidding war.
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Right on good to see the interest. I might have 'em sold real soon after all.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

I just wanted to update on my offer here. I just talked to my mom about this since its going to be her income tax money im using and its pretty much the case now where im going to be going for the E-machines if its still available around mid-Feb. its well within my budget.

is it possible you can get more info on it such as a model number? cuz i tried googling it based on the specs you noted and im coming up empty handed.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

I think the emachine is model # M2105. I searched it up google style. And every spec listed was the same. Pm'ed about the emachine
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

If I send you a laptop with a busted screen and like 50 bucks would you send me the emachines? It still works.

:D
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

i also have a lappie with a busted screen! vaio 900mhz celeron! haha
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Hey savant PM me the specs on your offering.

Little FYI, my current local offers are 800 on the HP (but I gotta wait two weeks) and 700 on the e-machines (gotta see what's going on with that on Wed.)
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

Well i gots the cash if you got any left for sale
ready to Send money pay pal or however. let me know
Very serious.
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha