Two Non-Related Tux Porting Ideas

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Two Non-Related Tux Porting Ideas

Post by curt_grymala »

I have found two very cool Tux-related items that I would love to see ported to the DC if possible.

First off:
SuperTux - this is an extremely fun, extremely well-done Mario clone, featuring everyone's favorite penguin mascot. It even features a level editor. It is open-source, and already available on *nix, Windows and Mac OS.
Image Image
Image Image

Secondly:
TuxPaint - a very nice children's painting program that allows you to make your own pictures, or color in pre-made pictures. It also features pre-made stamps, so you can stamp different things into your pictures. I don't know if it would even be remotely possible to port this to the DC, but it would be very cool to see, if it was possible. It's written completely in C, and is available for *nix, Windows and Mac OS.

DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

super tux doesnt seem like it would be terribly hard now theres something i may actually be able to finish.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Now that I think about it... Wasn't Storminator16 working on SuperTux like 2 years ago? I wonder if he ever got anywhere with that.

I'm sure that SuperTux has improved quite a bit since then, though.

I would love to see you figure out how to port it to the DC Hashmire. That would be awesome.

EDIT - I was right. Will was working on it, and actually released something about two years ago. There's a topic about it here. I wonder if you can still get ahold of it or the source (since Storm! has been down for almost a year now).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

ok i just emailed him and on a hunch checked sbiffy, where i did find the sbi for super tux from dated: 04/31/03 ill try it out once i get my burner back.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

ok i will probably have a rough port done at the end of christmas break. which for me is the 4th of january. I actually see this as becomeing something good though. Possibly a few modification ideas for it ive already got going on.
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

ok, i will definatly not have my release by tommorow. My windows install died a while ago, and im still not sure how to set up a dc dev enviroment under linux. Anyone have a link to a tourentrial(eee i cant spell at all!).

I reformatted today, to try an get windows, and linux dual booting. Looks like my computer doesnt beileive that windows is bootable though.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Yeah, what ever came of this? Super Tux owns.