NesterDC SE Skins Dicussion.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

NesterDC SE Skins Dicussion.

Post by law56ker »

Hi everyone I have been working on a skin for Nester Se. So far I have made this skin for the main screen and have made the overall theme from red to blue. The second picture is a mock up picture and iis about how I want my final skin to look like.

I want the text and buttons postioned where they are and resized. I was wondering if anyone knows how I could change the postion of each item. I'm pretty sure you go and adjust some numbers withen one of the files in nesterse.

What I want to know is how i can know where on screen my buttons will appear without having to guess and burn and check. Also what do you think of my skin.
Last edited by law56ker on Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Your skin is really neat :thumbsup:
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I thought that mario artwork would look good as a skin for the emu. I also like blue more then red I just had to adjust the logo and make mario appear in front of the logo to make it look nice. Now I just need help so i can figure out how to readjust the pngs and text postions so they appear where I have them in the second mock up screen. As for making them smaller I think I could just adjust them in photoshop, but i'm not sure if it's just that simple.
gnomes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by gnomes »

How about changing the font?
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Um the second pic isn't real it's photoshop font.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Open up main2.js. This is the script file that controls the majority of the menu system. The only major parts that aren't controlled by this script are the options menu, the GameGenie menu, and the NSF player, each of which have their own scripts.

Look down for the function mainMenu (search for "function mainMenu()"). This is where the main menu is drawn. If you know any JavaScript, you can probably find the bit where it draws the font and the icons, and you should be able to move them around appropriately.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Hmm can you help me at all if i sent you the files blackaura, i don't know javascript at all.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I could have a look at it if you like.