noob in motion

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Evil_Ernie
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

noob in motion

Post by Evil_Ernie »

argh don't even know if this is the right forum i should be posting (hoping i don't get flamed if it's not) but here goes... :roll:

i just downloaded this mp3player but i doesn't selfboot, any way i can make it self bootable (it's a .cdi file), also it's pretty small is it possible too put multiple apps on one cd (with a menu select screen or something i geuss) ???

thnx in advance
Evil_Ernie
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Evil_Ernie »

oh and the mp3player is called t-11 i think
D-Roc
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by D-Roc »

You can put multiple apps on one cd if you use Selfboot Inducer to create a Dream Inducer menu (similar to to the menu systems you would see on a modded XBOX) with SBI files. I've never heard of that particular MP3 player but you can find more info on DreamInducer along with a ton of SBI files at SBIFFY. Here's the link.: http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy
Born to lose. Live to Win.
Evil_Ernie
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Evil_Ernie »

aha thnx so much for pointing me in the right direction d-roc , inducer seems to be an awesome proggy :D

i didn't like the player i was using tho, it worked with the vmu instead of the tv screen and i couldn't even see what i was doing :o , now found dcplaya and it's much better hehe, so happy i got everything working so quickly :mrgreen:

***edit***

dc playa doesn't seem to play mp3's correctly tho, i'm hearing like weird noises during play, should i re.encode my mp3's in a secific way or something ? :(

anyone ?
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Evil_Ernie wrote:aha thnx so much for pointing me in the right direction d-roc , inducer seems to be an awesome proggy :D

i didn't like the player i was using tho, it worked with the vmu instead of the tv screen and i couldn't even see what i was doing :o , now found dcplaya and it's much better hehe, so happy i got everything working so quickly :mrgreen:

***edit***

dc playa doesn't seem to play mp3's correctly tho, i'm hearing like weird noises during play, should i re.encode my mp3's in a secific way or something ? :(

anyone ?
dcplaya doesn't like variable bitrate stuff.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Stick with this one: Dream MP3

It's by the same author as DC Playa but it focuses on MP3 and gets the job done very well. It's plain and simple, but you can swap discs, browse the mp3 disc, create a playlist. The only problems I had was an occasional crash, and sometimes when disc stopped spinning it wouldn't continue with the next song.

If you wanted to get it spinning again just browse the disc and return to your playlist :)
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

The latest version of DC Playa worked flawless with about any of my MP3s so I can highly recommend it.
Insane homebrew collector.