Vatican: Faithful Should Listen to Science

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vatican: Faithful Should Listen to Science

Post by arrowhead »

Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Now would someone knock some sense into the heads of the nutjobs up in Kansas?
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

Its interesting that most people think of Catholics as the crazies... but in regards to creation and such we are "normal". Catholics don't take the bible fundamentally.... we really don't have to believe that Adam and Eve lived and all those stories are real. We don't have to believe in Noah's ark either.. basically everything before Abraham we can't be sure about. This means a member of the church can believe in evolution and still be falling in the church's teachings as long as we believe God gave us our soul at some point and seperated us from the animals.
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Synlor wrote:Its interesting that most people think of Catholics as the crazies... but in regards to creation and such we are "normal". Catholics don't take the bible fundamentally.... we really don't have to believe that Adam and Eve lived and all those stories are real. We don't have to believe in Noah's ark either.. basically everything before Abraham we can't be sure about. This means a member of the church can believe in evolution and still be falling in the church's teachings as long as we believe God gave us our soul at some point and seperated us from the animals.
I didn't know you spoke for ALL catholics.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

I'm speaking from the point of view of an educated Catholic in church's teachings. There a bunch of crazies who don't acutally know what the church teaches and such.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Synlor wrote:Its interesting that most people think of Catholics as the crazies... but in regards to creation and such we are "normal". Catholics don't take the bible fundamentally.... we really don't have to believe that Adam and Eve lived and all those stories are real. We don't have to believe in Noah's ark either.. basically everything before Abraham we can't be sure about. This means a member of the church can believe in evolution and still be falling in the church's teachings as long as we believe God gave us our soul at some point and seperated us from the animals.
Catholicism has strong shared core beliefs and when I was a Catholic I was ALWAYS taught that all Bible stories were right.

If you don't share the views of the Vatican you're not following Catholicism and I doubt the Vatican ever said it was OK to not believe pre-Abrahamic stories.
It's thinking...
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

After going to a catholic school for 11 years of my life I got a feeling I understand the faith quite well. The vatican has never said that those stories are wrong, but they have also never said that you aren't following church teaching if you don't believe in those stories. Catholics aren't fundamentalists... we don't believe every word in the bible is 100% true in a literal sense, but that they are symbolic more than anything else. Generally the old testament is regarded as symbolic more than truth.. while the new testament, especiallyt he gospels, are true events. That is of course, generally speaking, there are exceptions I'm sure.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Synlor wrote:After going to a catholic school for 11 years of my life I got a feeling I understand the faith quite well. The vatican has never said that those stories are wrong, but they have also never said that you aren't following church teaching if you don't believe in those stories. Catholics aren't fundamentalists... we don't believe every word in the bible is 100% true in a literal sense, but that they are symbolic more than anything else. Generally the old testament is regarded as symbolic more than truth.. while the new testament, especiallyt he gospels, are true events. That is of course, generally speaking, there are exceptions I'm sure.
I was taught the same way. When we read the old testament we were taught to look for meanings and symbolism. Nobody ever told us that it was all truth and we were wrong if we didn't believe in it. Nobody ever brought it up now that I think about it.

In the later years of High School we learned about the catechism. We were taught about what the church approved of and what it didn't, but we were never told that you'd be a bad Catholic for not folowing it 100% or anything. It was there to help you if you needed guidance.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Im catholic and I believe in evolution and other scientific facts. I dont think of myself as crazy.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head