Does anyone else ever feel unimportant?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by -Azathoth- »

To answer your question ace, yeah I sometimes feel that way too.

But I mean, you can't forget that you're just 1 person. Don't ever allow yourself to believe that you are responsible for anything or anyone else besides yourself.

That isnt meant as a selfish idea or concept either. Making yourself happy should be the number 1 priority.

But if that means using your free time doing something constructive like volunteer work or the like, maybe you should give it a try. My wife does volunteer work for a few organizations, and I guess she just likes being part of something larger than herself without the pressure that her career entails.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

arrowhead wrote:is all you want to do is sleep ace? Thats when I know I am actually depressed and not just having a bad go for the week. I sleep, or just dont roll out of bed. That is bad.
Hmm... I want to sleep a lot of the time, but I never do. I'm not really an insomniac anymore, but I never go to bed at a reasonable hour either.
-Azathoth- wrote:To answer your question ace, yeah I sometimes feel that way too.

But I mean, you can't forget that you're just 1 person. Don't ever allow yourself to believe that you are responsible for anything or anyone else besides yourself.

That isnt meant as a selfish idea or concept either. Making yourself happy should be the number 1 priority.

But if that means using your free time doing something constructive like volunteer work or the like, maybe you should give it a try. My wife does volunteer work for a few organizations, and I guess she just likes being part of something larger than herself without the pressure that her career entails.
I think this summer I might leave the country and do some volunteer work. Sadly at the moment with work and school I don't really have time.

Thank you very much Savant (sorry I didn't quote you), it means a lot to me.

In fact, thanks to all of you for your kind words, and for sharing your stories. I'd like to hear more if possible :P
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Hey ace,

I've felt the same way if it makes you feel any better. Like I've made no contribution to society. I guess the best thing you can do is contribute to something you feel is important, big or small. I know one day, I hope to learn programming and code something great for Dreamcast homebrew scene. :)

That's my two cents...
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

It does make me feel better actually :).

I'm so tired of my friends too. My friends are like this in terms of who I am with the most

-Girlfriend
-Friends that I have met through school (they think we are best friends.)
-Work friends
-The friends that if I hung out with more would actually be best friends

I have this one friend, Mark. Mark is my girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend. I really really like this guy. He doesn't go to school, and our work schedules are vastly different, but I'd really like to be better friends with him, and he'd like the same...

I'm just really tired of the friends I see on a day to day basis. They are like immature high school freshmen (I know not all freshmen are immature, so get off my balls :P). Everything is a sex joke, or an oppourtunity to talk about sex. There are only so many times I can stand hearing them talk about how great sex is. Okay, I get it - sex is good. I know, I have it often enough that I also agree that sex is nice. I don't need to yell it out every few minutes.

This topic is turning into uber ace rant, but I don't even care. It feels great to get this all off my chest.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

ace wrote:It does make me feel better actually :).

I'm so tired of my friends too. My friends are like this in terms of who I am with the most

-Girlfriend
-Friends that I have met through school (they think we are best friends.)
-Work friends
-The friends that if I hung out with more would actually be best friends

I have this one friend, Mark. Mark is my girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend. I really really like this guy. He doesn't go to school, and our work schedules are vastly different, but I'd really like to be better friends with him, and he'd like the same...

I'm just really tired of the friends I see on a day to day basis. They are like immature high school freshmen (I know not all freshmen are immature, so get off my balls :P). Everything is a sex joke, or an oppourtunity to talk about sex. There are only so many times I can stand hearing them talk about how great sex is. Okay, I get it - sex is good. I know, I have it often enough that I also agree that sex is nice. I don't need to yell it out every few minutes.

This topic is turning into uber ace rant, but I don't even care. It feels great to get this all off my chest.
I hear that. When I used to go to highschool, I would hang out with a bunch of people, but outside of school, I never dealt with them because I really didn't like them or have any common interests. Different tastes and views on life. Now I'm done with highschool and I don't hang out with anyone. I need to move or something.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I know what you mean Ace. My father is an accountant who budgets and entire system of hospitals payrolls and budgets. While I am studying to dp web and grahpic deisng, and minoring in photography.

I'm constantly getting stuff from my parents about how my grades should be better then my younger sisters, to be an example. I get 3.0's, because I barely try and she gets 4.0's because she wokrs hard. I can careless about school, as long as I pass.

I've always been forced to feel unimportant, my parents have always compared what I do to their lives and I seem to never live up to them. I like music, and piercing, so taboo to them.

While I finally got a job again, I feel like it gives me a bit of importance, I am will be making enough to finally move out. Once I'm out I'm out for good I'm told, and I agree with my parents on that. I think that should help me feel a bit morei mportant, fending for myself and such.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Yay for ace and his future new found friends.

In other news, sex is really great. :D
UndeadDC
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by UndeadDC »

ace wrote: I'm just really tired of the friends I see on a day to day basis. They are like immature high school freshmen (I know not all freshmen are immature, so get off my balls :P). Everything is a sex joke, or an oppourtunity to talk about sex. There are only so many times I can stand hearing them talk about how great sex is. Okay, I get it - sex is good. I know, I have it often enough that I also agree that sex is nice. I don't need to yell it out every few minutes.
Man, that sounds like my last job. Most of those guys were my age (26) and it seemed like every other sentence was pecker joke. I swear that's all those guys thought about. And if you weren't like them or didn't like the same stuff they liked, they took it almost like a personal offense.

But anyhoo, I think I know how you feel. I used to want to be someone important or do something important, and I would feel frustrated because I just couldn't seem to find a way to get to there. It seemed like all these other people were just passing me by. Then I realized maybe I was too hung up on what other people were doing and not concerned enough about what I was doing. I think everyone feels like this at some point or another, but it's just something you have to work through and come to terms with on your own.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I'm in the same boat with thomas. My dad is ceo of a major insurance company, owns his own business on the side and runs 2 other companies. And I well.. I had a job. My eldest sister went to a few colleges and failed out of them all. So it's important me and my other sister do really good at our schools. She did great. 3.9 avg aces everything. Me well I passed everything my first year atleast. I came back to Georgia though. And I gotta say I feel for ace on this. I'm back with my best friends. I hadn't gotten a chance to hang out with these guys in ages. But the more I do the more I think they never changed beyond high school. Immature lot they are. Gay jokes and fart jokes. My rents and a bunch of people i know insists its good to stay near home for school. It's gonna drive me bat shit insane. I'm already looking at going back to antioch. There I was part of the fire department. I had a well built life, well educated friends.

Sorry for that rant. But like others said, Go out, go on a vacation of sorts. Just get away from it all. Visit the northern candian ... ice? :wink: Just take a breath and get away for a bit. Good luck man. I'm here for ya.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Personally, I don't care to be an importance in life at all. I just want to live my life the way I want it and die. I just want my job,money and life the way I want it.I don't need Friends or Girlfriends living in solitude is the way I love it and that is the way it shall be.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

Ace i agree with you on a lot of this, ive gotten extremely depressed to the point of faking sick nearly every day from school cause my teachers would belittle me and yell about my grades. Also a lot of things with my dad when i was 11 then the same things again when i was 13 really made me despise him. But weve both grown over these things and now, ive got the same thing with freinds there are a lot of people who love me to the point of hanging out with me as much as possible at my school but really only one girl is important to me. I feel awful knowing that ill just ditch them all when its off to college. I guess i really take advantage of all the people.......but a lot of people have hurt me before so i tend to be very picky with whom ill talk to and whom ill say "your and ass" to.

And i seem really selfish when i think about it but really all i want to do before i die is become famous i want my band to actually make it..........And i dont even think i care if the rest of the band is famous i want my name to be rememberd for many generations to come and I want to expereince so much that i think im very overly selfish.

Sorry bout that rant.
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Dude.

I'm 19 years old.
I work 40-45 hours a week overnight at fucking Walmart.
I dont go to school nor could I go to a good school because of awful high school grades and I dont have anything near the amount of money for it.
I dont have any friends.
I'm short and strange looking.
I dont have a house to call home, nor much of a city.
I live with 9 people.
I have $16 in my checking account.
And my vehicle gets 8 miles per gallon of gasoline.

Not to make you feel selfish, but your unsuccessful visions of grandeur aren't too horrible when it comes to getting by, day by day.
Last edited by Jeeba Jabba on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I know some of you have it worse than I do, but not one ever feels that way, do they?

I'm going to be 21. That's kinda scary to me, even more scary than leaving my teens was :S. I do really well in school, I have friends who like me (even if I don't like them), and a girlfriend I'm in love with... I don't know why I feel this way.
Wagh wrote:And I gotta say I feel for ace on this. I'm back with my best friends. I hadn't gotten a chance to hang out with these guys in ages. But the more I do the more I think they never changed beyond high school. Immature lot they are. Gay jokes and fart jokes.
Arrr, exactly! It's like they just don't understand the world. I know I'm not some guru who knows and sees all, but just listening to the things these guys say makes me roll my eyes, put on my headphones, and connect to the forums. I can't think of a specific example right now, but I will probably post one tomorrow.
Wagh wrote:Sorry for that rant. But like others said, Go out, go on a vacation of sorts. Just get away from it all. Visit the northern candian ... ice? :wink: Just take a breath and get away for a bit. Good luck man. I'm here for ya.
I really want to go on vacation, but I don't know when, where, or how to afford it. Maybe if I can find a cheap cancellation...