Nicked for driving through puddle

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nicked for driving through puddle

Post by mattcky666 »

A motorist who drove through a puddle and splashed a road worker was hauled before the courts and fined.

Jason Evans was ordered to pay ?150 and received three penalty points after being spotted by a police patrol car.

He had driven through 2in deep floodwater at 10 to 15mph and accidentally soaked a man's jeans as he worked on a verge.

The 34-year-old software consultant, whose car was trailed by police for two miles, told The Sun: "I explained to the magistrate it wasn't deliberate.

"He told me they wanted to give me the minimum sentence, which they did. It's unbelievable it ever got to court."

Mr Evans, who was driving home to Yeovil, said he had wanted to apologise to the irate worker, but did not want to stop traffic in the village of Charlton Mackrell.

He admitted inconsiderate driving when he appeared in court.

Edmund King, executive director of the RAC Foundation, said: "It was quite unnecessary to take him to court and it was heavy handed."

A spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said: "We look at every case individually and, in this instance, we felt there were grounds for proceeding and it did proceed and the defendant pleaded guilty."

Superintendent Lawrie Lewis, head of Avon and Somerset Police's road police unit, said: "This was clearly an act which was inconsiderate to other road users.

"If the driver had shown a little more care and a little less speed, he would not have found himself in court."

Last year, a motorist was charged after driving through a puddle and splashing a police officer in Blackburn but was acquitted of inconsiderate driving.

The seven month case cost a reported ?20,000 to bring to court.
source
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

You brits are dumb as shit. Come to think of it, our court system is equally as stupid. :P
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

hehe, nicked.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

It's not one that i consider silly or stupid, lets face it if you was going to work in say nice clothes it has already finished raining or you have an umbrella & some prick with a car then gets you wet all over. I would have him fined/ sue.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
mattcky666
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mattcky666 »

technically if it happens, the driver should have to give the person ?100 + dry cleaning costs but to produce a ?20,000, seven month court case for something as small as that is stupid. Its not like the driver was going at 30mph
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

when you're in the wrong, how about throwing your hands up and saying "crap, you got me, i apologise"? Arguing about something you're clearly in the wrong for only leads to crap. well deserved if you ask me, the article i read this morning showed the guy in the car was being a real asshole