My new entertainment center

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My new entertainment center

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

I just finished assembling it. Click the ad pic for my actual entertainment center.

Since my TV is both pretty wide and deep it was hard finding an entertainment center that fit the TV well. So far I'm really satisfied with it.

I know some people think that Wal-mart is the devil, but here's the link in case anyone else is looking for a unit like this.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4172362

I didn't order it online. The link is just for dimensions.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

That looks pretty cool. Walmart has some pretty decent furnature, if you're not looking to spend a lot of money. I got a great "component rack" to hold my DVD player, Xbox, PS2, GC, Amp, and all the other stuff that connects to my TV for a really decent price at Walmart. I think it cost about $70.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I'm gonna buy a tv stand and other crap from http://www.boltz.com; they seem to have some cool crap there, and I need to start organizing my videogame collection.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I need a decent entertainment center, but my tv is huge. 40 something inch rear projection. It has depth and height that I have to accomodate for.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Very nice. I've been working at K-Mart for a month and I'm suprised at some of the stuff they carry now. A lot of the furniture is quality now. Some stuff I wouldn't mind picking up too. No wood panneling - solid wood.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Tall Israeli wrote:Very nice. I've been working at K-Mart for a month and I'm suprised at some of the stuff they carry now. A lot of the furniture is quality now. Some stuff I wouldn't mind picking up too. No wood panneling - solid wood.
Ask them if they will sell junkout furniture to employees. When I worked at K-Mart, they would sell junkout furniture to employees in order to raise money for Christmas parties and such. I bought a end table for $5 that was valued at $60, a kitchen table for $20 that valued at $130, and two desks both for $15 apiece, one that was a normal desk that was around $80, and another that was a huge corner desk that was priced at $150. They sell it so cheap because furniture is one of those things that cannot be returned to a vendor for a refund. Its too expensive for a company to take back broken furniture due to it's size and weight, so they refund the money and demand that the store destroy the product. We instead of wasting good furniture would just sell it to employees and use the profits for employee related events. It was win/win for the store. Anyway, see if your store will do this too.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

melancholy wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:Very nice. I've been working at K-Mart for a month and I'm suprised at some of the stuff they carry now. A lot of the furniture is quality now. Some stuff I wouldn't mind picking up too. No wood panneling - solid wood.
Ask them if they will sell junkout furniture to employees. When I worked at K-Mart, they would sell junkout furniture to employees in order to raise money for Christmas parties and such. I bought a end table for $5 that was valued at $60, a kitchen table for $20 that valued at $130, and two desks both for $15 apiece, one that was a normal desk that was around $80, and another that was a huge corner desk that was priced at $150. They sell it so cheap because furniture is one of those things that cannot be returned to a vendor for a refund. Its too expensive for a company to take back broken furniture due to it's size and weight, so they refund the money and demand that the store destroy the product. We instead of wasting good furniture would just sell it to employees and use the profits for employee related events. It was win/win for the store. Anyway, see if your store will do this too.
Around here everything that is returned or isn't sold gets send back and we get a refund. :( About a week ago, a lady returned a perfect armoire (sp?) and I asked if I could have it or at least pay something for it and they wouldn't let me for some reason. We ended up having to toss it in the fuckin garbage... Man, the store wastes so much stuff. They throw away stuff like hangers and damaged furniture when they could donate it to charity or something. Oh and the problem with the armoire? The back panneling was chipped a bit. The people who returned it didn't even take it out of the box! Everything was still in its original form. :(
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Tall Israeli wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Around here everything that is returned or isn't sold gets send back and we get a refund. :( About a week ago, a lady returned a perfect armoire (sp?) and I asked if I could have it or at least pay something for it and they wouldn't let me for some reason. We ended up having to toss it in the fudging garbage... Man, the store wastes so much stuff. They throw away stuff like hangers and damaged furniture when they could donate it to charity or something. Oh and the problem with the armoire? The back panneling was chipped a bit. The people who returned it didn't even take it out of the box! Everything was still in its original form. :(
Yeah, some places are cool and allow it, while others don't. Looks like you are out of luck.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

melancholy wrote:
Tall Israeli wrote:
melancholy wrote:
Around here everything that is returned or isn't sold gets send back and we get a refund. :( About a week ago, a lady returned a perfect armoire (sp?) and I asked if I could have it or at least pay something for it and they wouldn't let me for some reason. We ended up having to toss it in the fudging garbage... Man, the store wastes so much stuff. They throw away stuff like hangers and damaged furniture when they could donate it to charity or something. Oh and the problem with the armoire? The back panneling was chipped a bit. The people who returned it didn't even take it out of the box! Everything was still in its original form. :(
Yeah, some places are cool and allow it, while others don't. Looks like you are out of luck.
On a totally unrelated note, I was on the forklift today and I had to move a display that had been sitting outside for a week upstairs and out to the floor. My manager, who is a LARGE woman, tells me I should probably go inside and get the leaf blower and give it a good cleaning. Only she said, "maybe you should get the blower and give it a good blowjob." I pretended like I didn't hear it and drove it up to the upstairs recieving door, but I'm sure she felt as much awkward as me.
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

If you just want something simple, Wal-mart isn't bad. I got a TV stand there for 20.00 that does everything I expect it to.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Whatever happened to that rumor I heard that K-mart was merging with Sears?
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Smiley wrote:Whatever happened to that rumor I heard that K-mart was merging with Sears?
The new guy who runs K-Mart ended up buying Sears.