Classic Game T-Shirts

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Classic Game T-Shirts

Post by links1981 »

Hashmire420
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hashmire420 »

im sorry but i think those are downright awful......cept for the donkey kong one. I just think these people can be more original than box art
Ceeg wrote:>_>
*imagines an X Box that can please me........sexually*
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

Hashmire420 wrote:im sorry but i think those are downright awful......cept for the donkey kong one. I just think these people can be more original than box art
you DID look at the "FRONT ONLY" Page right?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

The sonic and yoshi ones are decent, but the rest are pretty lame.

moved to OT
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

ace wrote:The sonic and yoshi ones are decent, but the rest are pretty lame.

moved to OT
ok, thats cool.......

i always like to get feedback on my shirts.....

So tell me some ideas, and ill make them!
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

You made these? That's cool, but I'd say put a little bit more personality in it. All you really did was take box covers or snapshots from the game. Check out some other game shirts and see how yours compares. I would never where a white shirt with a BIG ugly square front and center on it, and that's how most of them are. Good luck.
links1981
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by links1981 »

JuddWack wrote:You made these? That's cool, but I'd say put a little bit more personality in it. All you really did was take box covers or snapshots from the game. Check out some other game shirts and see how yours compares. I would never where a white shirt with a BIG ugly square front and center on it, and that's how most of them are. Good luck.
ok, but the Shirts also come in BLACK and GRAY
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

You definitly need to change a lot of those shirts. Just sticking a big photo on the front and back usually comes out looking and feeling very cheap-looking and generally awful. You need to put some design into them and give them some interesting and original flair, and definitly avoid just plastering 2 massive transfers onto a shirt.

Plus your prices seem waaay too cheap for any type of decent quality printing.

EDIT:

Also, taking copyrighted material, slapping it on a TShirt and then selling it for profit is almost certainly illegal, especially if you haven't added any of your own creativity to it.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Those almost have to be iron-ons. If they are, it surprises me that black is offered as a shirt color.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

pixel wrote:Those almost have to be iron-ons.
That would, at least, explain the relatively large price difference between "front only" and "front and back" shirts.
pixel wrote:If they are, it surprises me that black is offered as a shirt color.
There are backing films that can be used for dark fabric, although I think those require an actual heat press and not just an iron.
BoneyCork wrote:Also, taking copyrighted material, slapping it on a TShirt and then selling it for profit is almost certainly illegal, especially if you haven't added any of your own creativity to it.
The worst part isn't so much the copyright infringement (plenty of novelty shirt places get away with that every day), it's that every single one of his box art shirts has the Official Nintendo Seal of Quality on it. You know, Nintendo? The company that threatened to sue the author of a Neo-Geo Pocket emulator because the name had "Pokemon" in it as part of an obvious joke?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I like the one with the Sonic the Hedgehog 1 logo.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I thought the 'Blow Me' one was pretty funny, but they are all pretty poorly made.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Really man, you gotta try harder. The designs are bland and the one liner ones need some serious typography help.

Also, think about posting an image of a person already wearing the shirt to give us an idea of how "cool" it would be.

I definately recommend reading some designing basics books and brush up on photoshop cause it looks like no real effort went into this. Just seems like a quick "get rich" scheme.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Some of you people are emo enough...

^Gimme an "I fucked Kimmy Gibbler."
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney