Need help running a few games in MAMED!!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help running a few games in MAMED!!!

Post by misterdark »

Hey everybody, I haven't been here in a long time. I was enjoying the summer and have been spending the last month trying to get a GP32 system. Good times.

But now I finally got MAMED running on my DC, but it won't run pretty much every one of the maybe half a dozen games I actually wanted it for. The program itself seems to run fine, I put in disc one which is the frontend or whatever and then I load a pack, at which point I swap in my rom disc. But it doesn't play the few games I actually wanted MAMED for, and that's where I really need help.

Those are:

Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat 2
TMNT
Simpsons
Black Tiger
Aliens

Off the top of my head, that's it, and MAMED won't run any of these. I know that a lot of it is memory issues, and some of these may never work on my DC (if this is so, please tell me!). But I don't know if maybe I can get a newer version of MAMED, or maybe a different program, or what. I don't know what my options are, but if these games CAN be played on the DC, I need someone to tell me how.

On this site there's discussion of burning a self-boot TMNT or something. Can this also be done with any of the other games I listed? If so, here's where I need help: I have all these roms, and I have a version of MAMED that I got from a torrent. I have Discjuggler too, but I don't really know about this stuff. Is there a way I can make an image of these games myself, on a single disc each, that can play in my Dreamcast using MAMED (or any other program)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- if I can get these games running then all my DC Mame needs are satisfied! Someone please PM me or tell me how (or if) I can do this!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Black Tiger might work, but the rest don't have a chance. They are all CPS2 games.

However, the good news is, there is a single game emulator for Simpsons and for TMNT. You can get SBI versions of those emulators over at Sbiffy!com
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Thanks curt, I remember you helping me before.

So none of the other games (even Aliens?) will work, huh? Thanks for letting me know, I would've gone mad trying to find a way to play them.

What is CPS2 and why does it make them so hard to emulate? Just a specific and complex chipset?

Thanks though, I'll get to work on the other two!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

There is no CPS2 game small enough to fit in the dreamcast's ram.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
misterdark
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by misterdark »

Ah, I see. Better to know ahead of time before digging through red tape to discover this. Damn, but thanks.
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

none of those are CPS 2 games
it stands for Capcom Play System 2
it had stuff like marvel vs. capcom and Aliens vs. Predator arcade and many other games
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

lackofsense wrote:none of those are CPS 2 games
it stands for Capcom Play System 2
it had stuff like marvel vs. capcom and Aliens vs. Predator arcade and many other games
I stand corrected. :oops:

Regardless, those games won't work with Mamed or Mamedc (or any other multi-game mame emulator for the DC).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Wasnt there a SF2 one done a bit back? thats CPS2, not entirely relevant perhaps but in response to the no CPS2 comment, I could be rememberin it wrong though
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
lackofsense
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: dobson just north of your carolines and your other sisters

Post by lackofsense »

Street Fighter 2 is CPS 1
whichs fits well into the ram?
a system with many greats like ghouls and ghosts, Captain Commando, and Caddillacs and Dinosaurs
sense-lacking is a tough job but somebody's got to do it
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Methinks I was thinking of a later SF2 update, either way a classic that I think works
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers