need lots of help with the graphical installer

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

need lots of help with the graphical installer

Post by donnonotin »

i start the graphical installer with pike and it says requesting manifest and then it says. probe for cd-rom units failed, (or something very close to that) I do admit i don't know a damn thing about this stuff, it might be due to the fact that i have a dvd burner or somethin. just please god help me!
joshroks
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by joshroks »

If you have a new version of windows, me, xp, pike will not recognize your burner, try using aspi layer fixer you can get it at http://www.adaptec.com just download it and click install. Maybe that will work
Why is it that dishwashing soap is made with real lemons, but lemon juice is made with artificial flavors?
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

i didn't exactly find the aspi layer fixer. Insted i downloaded the aspi insatallation driver 4.0 (or somethin close to that name). Did I fuge up, is there an exact url for this aspi layer fixer? Does it matter if i don't have apdec easy cd creator? please help me a little more i am very new to this.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

now it's saying the same thing the first time but the prob is-
C:\dsnes+pike\dsnesinstaller\cdrecord file not found
(Not exact on the folder names but you get the point)
and cdrecord is in the folder it sould be in. what the freaking hell!! :|
joshroks
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by joshroks »

You might of got the wrong file. Go to the website, click on the grey box on the top that says downloads. Go to search near the bottom type aspi layer. Click on Windows Aspi package 4.7 support info. on the right hand side, click on Windows aspi package 4.7 downloads. Click on the aspi version that pertains to your Windows system. Download it, unzip it, go to its folder then click install. That should do it, Your cdr driver should be located once, aspi is loaded correctly
Why is it that dishwashing soap is made with real lemons, but lemon juice is made with artificial flavors?
BizzyRok
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BizzyRok »

I tried the aspi thing but it didnt work for me. I got win xp so i just used dcfactory
My sig was stupidly large so an admin deleted it.
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

ok, i got it to work, turns out all you need is dc factory, the dreamsnes file unzipped, some roms, and the nero burning rom demo, but thanks for all your help! :D