Best mp3 player for my money?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best mp3 player for my money?

Post by ace »

I know we get a lot of these, but I'm looking to get a new mp3 player, preferably HDD based. It must have mac and windows support. I'd like a voice recorder, and an fm radio, but these aren't necessary. I was going to get Thomas's iRiver, but I don't know how much longer he will hold it for me. Assuming he will not hold it for me, what are my options?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

archos.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Dell DJ's are a very nice alternative to the iPod. They've got a voice recorder built in, and the 15 GB model is only $200. I used to own one, till it got stolen... I should really lock my gym locker more often. :x
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Wagh wrote: You can buy one for parts and shove in a 80gb hd and it'll work fine. Great deal compared to these 30gb for 200 buck deals. Build your own archos with a 100gb hd for 150 bucks max.
Giving H-E-A-D head
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I have an iRiver and love it. It's the 256mb model. I also listen to it all day long, and teh batteries last for about 4 days (non-stop playing pretty much). I think they last for 40 hours (says on the package).
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

I have a samsung model yp-55 256 mb mp3 player, Id sell for pretty cheap.. I think it has a voice recorder on it, and a mini lcd screen, so u can see whats playing...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

If you don't get Thomas's iRiver, go with a new iRiver.
It's thinking...
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i only use Creative equipment when it comes to sound, i have one soundblaster, two speakersets, and both my old and new mp3 player were creative

i really like them, i suggest you check out what they have on offer
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Creative Zen Touch
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

creative zen nx

mine lives in my pocket.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

|darc| wrote:If you don't get Thomas's iRiver, go with a new iRiver.
I didn't think the new iRivers had mac support.

Remember, one of my criteria is that the player must support osx.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

iPods won't work with both a mac and a PC at the same time. You either have to have it formatted for one or the other. So if your primary music computer is a PC, I'd get the iRiver because it'll work better (ie no Windows iTunes). Otherwise, a mac + iPod = heaven. You can get an HP iPod in a bundle (iirc) that comes with a car charger and FM transmitter for the same price.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

pixel wrote:Otherwise, a mac + iPod = heaven.
Aint that the truth, My ipod mini is one of the best things i ever bought.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

pixel wrote:iPods won't work with both a mac and a PC at the same time. You either have to have it formatted for one or the other. So if your primary music computer is a PC, I'd get the iRiver because it'll work better (ie no Windows iTunes). Otherwise, a mac + iPod = heaven. You can get an HP iPod in a bundle (iirc) that comes with a car charger and FM transmitter for the same price.
Dave Chalk says otherwise. In my girlfriend's starter kit for the ipod mini, they were saying that you can use both mac and pc for the ipod.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

ace wrote:
pixel wrote:iPods won't work with both a mac and a PC at the same time. You either have to have it formatted for one or the other. So if your primary music computer is a PC, I'd get the iRiver because it'll work better (ie no Windows iTunes). Otherwise, a mac + iPod = heaven. You can get an HP iPod in a bundle (iirc) that comes with a car charger and FM transmitter for the same price.
Dave Chalk says otherwise. In my girlfriend's starter kit for the ipod mini, they were saying that you can use both mac and pc for the ipod.
Well.. I do own an HP iPod, which may be the reason why I can't use it on both. I know the actual HDD is formatted for the mac and a PC cannot read it nor did the instructions tell me it was wise to try.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

You have to format it on a pc first.

What about theMPIO 5GB MP3 Player (HD200)?
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Wagh wrote:
Wagh wrote: You can buy one for parts and shove in a 80gb hd and it'll work fine. Great deal compared to these 30gb for 200 buck deals. Build your own archos with a 100gb hd for 150 bucks max.
Giving H-E-A-D head
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

As long as you format it on a PC first, it will work on both. iTunes even works on both formats as long as you format on a PC first. The only reason I even bought an iPod in the first place was because I needed a portable hard drive that would work on the Macs at school and my PC at home.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:
As long as you format it on a PC first, it will work on both. iTunes even works on both formats as long as you format on a PC first. The only reason I even bought an iPod in the first place was because I needed a portable hard drive that would work on the Macs at school and my PC at home.
I might go and reformat it then. I was unclear with that. Thank you :D
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

I love my Rio Karma 20 gigs supports mp3, ogg, and flac and has the best equalizer ive seen on an mp3 player. Plus its small and fairly cheap (got mine for $150 about 6 months ago)