Thinking of constructing a VOOT twin stick controller...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dj898 »

I recall paying $19 for saturn twinstick off eBay a year ago...
and TC3 was available for $25.95 from gamechoiceclub I believe...

all up under $50... :mrgreen: (guess the price must gone up since)
sure I paid 4700+ yen for my DC Twinstick box set but that was more for the collection than actual use...
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Yeah, but the one I would be buying will be pre-owned, so I won't feel guilty about using it.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

No, the Total Control is not likely to be anywhere very handy for hitting the special button when you have it set up. About the best you could do is to but the TC3 on the floor underneath you and hit the button with your foot. In some ways that would be cool...in some ways it would be lame.

Don't mind these guys trying to talk you out of getting the DC twinsticks. Just get them if that's what you want. They're just as nice as the Saturn ones and they've got everything like the special button and the VMU slot right there.

Saturn twinsticks *CAN* be had for well under $60. They're incredibly cheap in Japan because they were vastly over-produced, like 500-1000yen (about $8), but then you have to factor in the shipping. You can get them off of someone who's already imported them, but most often that will still cost you around $50-60 after shipping. If you look and look, you will certainly eventually find a pair for maybe $25, but it's up to you if it's worth the wait.

Just get the Dreamcast ones now if you want them. I went for the Saturn twinsticks + adapter option since I had a Saturn at the time. I've since sold my Saturn, though, and I'd probably rather have the DC sticks now.

...word is bondage...
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

hat's a high price for the SS/TC3 kit, I pad 55 shipped for my bundle and $10 for my Saturn.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

well, since there isn't a kit on ebay, just the sticks... I'd have to buy them separately.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

I sold such kit myself last year though bit higher than $55 and that was before shipping... :p

though I got lucky and obtained ex-Konami CartDev Rev.B very cheap! My other Cross CartDev set cost me way more than that though...

it all comes down to how patient you are...
if you wait long enough you will find the deal...