VMUtool help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VMUtool help

Post by Richter_Belmont »

hi, hum i?m having some troubles trying to get vmutool.
I burned vmutool sbi along with other files can?t remember version, something about 054. Ok, i used single menu, burned and then, it wasn?t in the list of the menu. Ok i tryied one more time, but now only the vmutool sbi with sbi2boot method, when a put the cd on my DC it goes for the dc logo and sega, then it goes to a white screen and just keep reading at it for a minute then crashes there. I tried then with vmu version 070 and same problem. Tried all methods of sbi burn single menu, multi menu and sbi2boot with these 2 versions of vmutool and always get this problem, and tried to use some .nrg image of vmutool i found on the net and still this problem, some1 can help me?
-I tried to put the vmu files in another cd and same problem.
-my dc and burner is ok
-tried with and without the vmu plugged

edit: sorry wrong forum and one more thing, i got by search bucanero VMU Backup CD does it works for getting .VMI files form the cd to the vmu on the DC as well ?
"Die monster, you
don?t belong in this world"

--Richter Belmont--
bucanero
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: VMUtool help

Post by bucanero »

Richter_Belmont wrote:edit: sorry wrong forum and one more thing, i got by search bucanero VMU Backup CD does it works for getting .VMI files form the cd to the vmu on the DC as well ?
Hello... well, yes, you can use my VMU Backup CD to transfer VMI/VMS files from a cd-r to a vmu.

Just a small note, my last version (v1.2.0) has over 3000+ save files already available in the disc, so unless you're trying to upload your own custom save, just burn the image, put the disc in your Dreamcast and enjoy a ton of saves for almost every dreamcast game available. :)