Revolution won't support High-Def

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Revolution won't support High-Def

Post by Lunchbox »

nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Why,Nintendo,WHY??? :(
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

odd but expected.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Meh, don't care. I don't have a HDTV and don't have a reason to get one.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Yep, I don't have an HDTV either. If cutting out the HDTV support will keep the cost of the console low, I'm all for it.

I don't want to spend extra money for a feature that I'm never going to use.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Reminds me of them cutting support from the Gamecube--no one was buying the cables. They know who bought them and who didn't because they only sold them through their web site, and there are no third party component cables because of a lockout. However, I guess one could make an arguement that the reason no one bought them was because they were only available on Nintendo's site. Either way, if you want an HD Gamecube you can still call Nintendo and get them to send you a refurbished one with HD support. Luckily when I bought mine it had HD support.
It's thinking...
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

like a poster over at BBR stated: HDTV still is in its infacy right now. it would be pretty pointless to waste money adding in HDTV support when only a small fraction of your users will take advantage of it.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

ormaybe its another system for the kiddies? and what kid has HDTV?
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

I think forcing it on consumers right now would be a bad idea. That would be the same as the Atari 2600 coming with AV cables instead of an RF adapter and you would be forced to get the RF on your own. I'm ok with the decision to not support the format seeing as I don't have a HDTV and I'm sure if developers wanted to include support, it would be made possible and there will be 3rd party accessories to cover the connection problems.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Heck I'm in the UK, and we dont have any HDTV stuff yet. I think theres some but its ridiculously expensive (Speaking about ?2500 minimum? thats about US$4500...Sorry, but NO TV is worth spending that much on for your home). So this doesnt really bug me much at all. I'll just get some RGB Scart cables and play on my TV and be happy ;)
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Slightly disappointing, but not really a dealbreaker. 480p looks fine, and most people won't care. It's like the DC and the 56k modem; do what a lot of people have, then maybe add on for the future.
Very sexy hero, omg
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Okay, when we talk about HD here, are we talking about component video like TV's have, or does this include support for monitors? Because I was really looking forward to being able to play new consoles on my 19" LCD.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

even if they say it wont be supporting hd tv doesnt relal y mean it cant. they could always have an upgrade and i remeber nintendo saying it will be able to be played on a pc monitor so who knows i mean current gen games can go to higher res so i am sure they could do atleast 1080 ps3 will do 1080p

does ps3 support 1440I ? i wonder how long until 1440 p tvs come out
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

I don't know why they'd go to 1440i when there are a minimal amount of TVs that might support it in the console's lifetime. Most TVs don't support 1080p at the moment. Which, in truth, would most likely be better looking than 1440i.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

rofl at IGNs news reporting which has the entire first page of the article entirely unrelated to the headline, then hidden halfway through page 2 is their 'source' on this 'news' - a Customer Service email, and stuck at the end of page 2 their admission "Nintendo has not yet confirmed what kind of output Revolution will feature."

gg IGN, impartial reportage as ever.
No 3 page purely speculative articles based on an /email from NOA customer support/ for you!

Honestly, I don't know why people even read that site; don't you fanboy sheep remember all of their other great 'exclusives' about Nintendo?
Rogue Squadron double pack being confirmed as an Xbox exclusive about 2 days before Rogue Squadron 2 came out for GC?
DS being region locked and PSP being region free?

I'm not saying the revolution /will/ have HDTV support; I'm saying I'd like to hear it from a reputable newssite that isn't just a corporate whoring shill for any publisher who pays enough money to trash the opposition...
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Dr Wily wrote:rofl at IGNs news reporting which has the entire first page of the article entirely unrelated to the headline, then hidden halfway through page 2 is their 'source' on this 'news' - a Customer Service email, and stuck at the end of page 2 their admission "Nintendo has not yet confirmed what kind of output Revolution will feature."

No 3 page purely speculative articles based on an /email from NOA customer support/ for you!

Honestly, I don't know why people even read that site; don't you fanboy sheep remember all of their other great 'exclusives' about Nintendo?
Rogue Squadron double pack being confirmed as an Xbox exclusive about 2 days before Rogue Squadron 2 came out for GC?

I'm not saying the revolution /will/ have HDTV support; I'm saying I'd like to hear it from a reputable newssite that isn't just a corporate whoring shill for any publisher who pays enough money to trash the opposition...
I understand the picking a better source. But why the sheep one? I mean if someone used only one source to get info wouldn't that make them the same? I mainly use EGM, and here. (I like magazines because I can take them in the bathroom.)
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

(I like magazines because I can take them in the bathroom.)
I need a laptop so I can be on DCEmu while taking a crap. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Orange_Ribbon wrote: I understand the picking a better source. But why the sheep one? I mean if someone used only one source to get info wouldn't that make them the same?
That comment was mostly based on the number of times I've seen people (not just Lunchbox) stating demonstratably untrue 'facts' with the justification that it was said on IGN and is therefore gospel truth.
abydos1000
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by abydos1000 »

Dr Wily wrote:rofl at IGNs news reporting which has the entire first page of the article entirely unrelated to the headline, then hidden halfway through page 2 is their 'source' on this 'news' - a Customer Service email, and stuck at the end of page 2 their admission "Nintendo has not yet confirmed what kind of output Revolution will feature."

Wouldn't be the first time they had something wrong. I don't put much stock in their reviews anymore either. How about that article they posted about the XBox360 vs. the PS3. Straight crap and slop from Microsoft. Honestly, reading that article reminded me of Sony's "Emotion Engine" bullshit :roll:.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

This makes me think of the DS. To me, the resolutions of the individual screens is not a big enough improvement from the GBA.