Cigars

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

btm4k wrote:So what exactly are Swisher Sweets? I know they're flavored but how are they not real cigars?

They're very cheap and bland.

I've smoked some very expensive cigars, most being around $60 each (stolen, of course), yet the best I've had are Pooly.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

btm4k wrote:So what exactly are Swisher Sweets? I know they're flavored but how are they not real cigars?
They're sort of a half-way between a cigar and a cigarette.
No signature.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

To start smoking cigars, your best bet is to go with some of the milder, smaller stogies.

Panetelas are a good choice. Anything bigger will make a beginner look like a schmuck.

A good cigar doesn't have to be expensive. Cuban cigars are way too strong to smoke regularly. Some of the best tobacco crops nowadays come from Honduras, Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic.

Those $20 cigars you see in clubs are not meant to be smoked regularly. If you did, smoking would be more expensive than a crack habit... :D

A box of good cigars can be had for 10 bucks. At good tobacco stores, you'll find that salesmen are actually trying to steer you away from expensive cigars, since they're trying to get regular customers, not someone who's going to buy a $50 cigar once a year.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Very good page on cigars...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigar
wikipedia as always
It's thinking...
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I often smoke Swisher Sweets, Captain Blacks, or Century Sams. They are cheap cigars you can get from the corner store. Usually when someone I know goes south (Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic), I grab a bunch of cigars off them. I recently smoked a freshly rolled cherry churchill roll from Dominican. Very fine tasting cigar if I do say so myself.

I good cigar goes hand in hand with a fine glass of scotch on the rocks, or congac.

Edit: If your looking to become a casual cigar smoker, it would be wise to invest in a Humidifier (sp?). It keeps your cigars nice and moist, instead of cracked, dry, and unsmokable.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Yes a cigar humidifier is a most of you are a casual cigar smoker. You can get one for bout $40.00. I never tried Captain Blacks or Century Sams, are good? What flavors are they?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Haha, I used to have cigars from time to time back when I smoked. "Exploded donkey anus" was the most interesting 3rd party description of the smell.
/WhtCastle
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Black and Milds actually are pipe tobacco, very mild. They were one of the first cigars I've ever had, and I prefer them to some of the costly stuff I've tried.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

It depends on who you talk to. Some of your anti-tobacco people claim just smoking a cigar every so often is enough to harm your health. Most sources says every so often they are ok.

I think they do have some nicotene in them, but nothing like a cig does. Most of your cig companies add nicotene to cigs, at least so I understand.

If you get enjoyment out of them, smoke them every so often.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Warmachine wrote:Yes a cigar humidifier is a most of you are a casual cigar smoker. You can get one for bout $40.00. I never tried Captain Blacks or Century Sams, are good? What flavors are they?
Captain Blacks are basically like Swisher Sweets. They have tips, and come in 5 flavours: Original, Sweet, Cherry, Wine, and Grape. They are a little thicker than a cigerette, and are available in packs of 6 or single cigars.

Century Sams are about the size of your middle finger, except close to 7 inches. They are often dry and harsh, but when stores take care of them they have a good, smooth flavoured smoke.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Hmmm I gotta try this Captain Black. Which flavor do you think is good? How much are they a piece?
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Warmachine wrote:Hmmm I gotta try this Captain Black. Which flavor do you think is good? How much are they a piece?
I've used Captain Black's pipe tobacco, and it's pretty damn good. Cherry has lovely hints of cherry without overpowering.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....