My new year's resolution....weight loss..and its working

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Smiley »

Great job, dude. Make sure you keep the weight off and fight all temptations...
Last edited by Smiley on Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Congrats EvilN!
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

I haven't lost weight, but i've lost fat. I've been working out at the fitness center here on campus. When I started at the beginning of the school year I was 250 pounds, 80 of which was fat. Now I'm 250, 70 of which is fat.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I call kudos on that undying effort!
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Man, you could be losing weight much faster. Only eat twice a day and have a salad one of the times with some sliced crab meat on top. Also, cut out all those soft drinks and stick to water and juice. I alone lost 30 pounds when i cut out soda, but I did drink 12 cans a day.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

-Drink tons of water
-Eat lots of vegetables more then 4 times a day. Dont have certain meals like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The more you eat, the more your body seems to think "oh, hes eating again...I better get rid of this sh-t too". Assisting your body in metabolizing the food is the easiest way to loose fat
-If you dont (and this comment is only if you dont), get the hell out and excersice. Sitting around playing video games doesnt burn fat. Go out to the gym and hit the treadmill, bikes, rowing machines. Dont bother weight training, it wont do you any good if you can see or feel the results.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

one word: ATKINS

but keep it up, expect weight watches to tell you thats a good pace because if you loose weight quicker they loose you as a customer.

now to be redundent, excersise is a good way to loose it, i suggest ddr(to be different) i consider myself in shape but still work up a sweat after but 2 songs, its a great way to get your blood flowing
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Don Kael wrote:-Drink tons of water
-Eat lots of vegetables more then 4 times a day. Dont have certain meals like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The more you eat, the more your body seems to think "oh, hes eating again...I better get rid of this sh-t too". Assisting your body in metabolizing the food is the easiest way to loose fat
-If you dont (and this comment is only if you dont), get the hell out and excersice. Sitting around playing video games doesnt burn fat. Go out to the gym and hit the treadmill, bikes, rowing machines. Dont bother weight training, it wont do you any good if you can see or feel the results.
Hell, once you get down to your desired weight, you can go back to eating anything, but you'll have to exercise at least an hour a day (cardio) and not put any more weight on.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Covar wrote:one word: ATKINS
Grr.... It may be effective; there's no denying that, but it's not exactly good for you.

In any case, EvilN seems to be going about this the right way -- gradually.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

greay wrote:
Covar wrote:one word: ATKINS
Grr.... It may be effective; there's no denying that, but it's not exactly good for you.

In any case, EvilN seems to be going about this the right way -- gradually.
not good? its bad.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Screw atkins. He's losing weight at a healthy and steady pace. It'd be better if he kept up what he's doing and do it consistandly, than drop another lb or two extra ontop of what he's doing. Keep it up. Seriously.

Another thing you can do on top of all that is start walking. Fricken start walking, everyone. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. It's awesome for the body and mind, it'll keep you at peak performance.
If you're a little larger too, you'll shed some excess weight with ease as well. It's a win-win-win-win situation. I couldn't advocate walking any more. :wink:

Oh yes and congradulations, dude! That was meant to be the first thing I was going to post. Congradulations and keep it up! Not trying to bash, but your before picture almost looks like you have cellulite in your face (Or it could have been the compression scheme). Nonetheless, when you're super big there's a lot of easy pounds that can and WILL slide off the scale if you just keep things consistant. Consistancy is the key, and it seems that you've recognized that. Keep it the frick up!
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Skater_dusto wrote:Screw atkins. He's losing weight at a healthy and steady pace. It'd be better if he kept up what he's doing and do it consistandly, than drop another lb or two extra ontop of what he's doing. Keep it up. Seriously.
This thread is outdated. He's off of Weight Watchers now. I don't think he's losing weight right now. Not sure.
It's thinking...
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

This thread is outdated. He's off of Weight Watchers now. I don't think he's losing weight right now. Not sure.
I haven't been there for 2 weeks, mostly for being sick. Day after tomorrow (mondays are usually busy days), I'm going back.

But i'll start back, nonetheless when I wake up.
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Skater_dusto wrote:Screw atkins. He's losing weight at a healthy and steady pace. It'd be better if he kept up what he's doing and do it consistandly, than drop another lb or two extra ontop of what he's doing. Keep it up. Seriously.

Another thing you can do on top of all that is start walking. Fricken start walking, everyone. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. It's awesome for the body and mind, it'll keep you at peak performance.
If you're a little larger too, you'll shed some excess weight with ease as well. It's a win-win-win-win situation. I couldn't advocate walking any more. :wink:

Oh yes and congradulations, dude! That was meant to be the first thing I was going to post. Congradulations and keep it up! Not trying to bash, but your before picture almost looks like you have cellulite in your face (Or it could have been the compression scheme). Nonetheless, when you're super big there's a lot of easy pounds that can and WILL slide off the scale if you just keep things consistant. Consistancy is the key, and it seems that you've recognized that. Keep it the frick up!
My mother actually does a walking excercise program, she's lost some weight, and it really gets her invigorated for each day.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but walking's a really good thing to do.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

atkins = starving yourself, not cutting your carbs. There was a study, I think it might have been in the UK actually, that showed that people on the atkins diet simply ate less because they cut such a large part of their daily intake.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

atkins = starving yourself, not cutting your carbs. There was a study, I think it might have been in the UK actually, that showed that people on the atkins diet simply ate less because they cut such a large part of their daily intake.
I tried it. I ate a pound of chicken fingers a day. That diet rocked, even if it did nothing.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

:guffaw:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

EvilN wrote:
I tried it. I ate a pound of chicken fingers a day. That diet rocked, even if it did nothing.
Aren't breaded chicken fingers a no-no, due to the breading?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I don't think that any "diets" should allow you to binge on some foods, and completely cut out another... there's different kinds of carbs too. There's so much more to diet than just cutting out a whole friggen group and thinking crap I'm losing weight so I'm healthy.

Anything that sounds too good to be true is.

Losing weight ain't hard, folks.

And I hope you lost some weight while being sick. I always do unfortunately. But this year when I got sick I only lost about 2 solid pounds. Bah.