how to burn a CD with ...thx, already find it, but...?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

how to burn a CD with ...thx, already find it, but...?

Post by Richter_Belmont »

how to burn a CD with vmu files on and put it on DC....and, the DC just downloads to its VMU ??
i can?t connect my DC to the internet dunno why and need some saves cuz i lost them all.
could someone explain how to??
i was away for so long no i need this help, im searching but since i need to know as fast as possible, i post here.
thx a lot from now
Last edited by Richter_Belmont on Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Die monster, you
don?t belong in this world"

--Richter Belmont--
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

ok find it , find the vmutool thx"!
now just need some help to how to burn it and make it self boot...
"Die monster, you

--Richter Belmont--
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

hum, got the demomenu, will it work if i just burn it and, burn the vmutool.bin in another cd along with a directory called vmutool with saves on it?? thx
theres a way to do not waste 2 cds?? thx
"Die monster, you

--Richter Belmont--
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Richter_Belmont wrote:hum, got the demomenu, will it work if i just burn it and, burn the vmutool.bin in another cd along with a directory called vmutool with saves on it?? thx
Yes. DemoMenu can be used like a boot disc for homebrew. If you know how to make selfbooting CD's from plain files, it's also one way (but, in my opinion, not the best way) to put a bunch of DC programs on one disc.
theres a way to do not waste 2 cds?? thx
Yes, there is. My suggestion is to go to http://www.sbiffy.com and grab Selfboot Inducer. The first file you will need to download is called 'Sbindv4.exe.' That is an installer program. Run it, and when it asks you for a directory to install, just use the default 'C:\Sbinducr.'

Then, check http://www.sbiffy.com for a VMU tool sbi file. If it's not there (I'm pretty sure that it's not) check DCHelp's SBI page. Save your VMUTool sbi file to C:\Sbinducr\Sbi. Then, follow The Selfboot Inducer v4 tutorial from DCHelp. It should guide you through the entire process. Note that if you want to try a bunch of different programs, games, and emulators for Dreamcast, you can use Selfboot Inducer to put a bunch of things on one disc. When you put your disc in the Dreamcast, you will be presented with an organized menu containing everything you put on the disc. It's really a great utility, and it's easy to use.
Richter_Belmont
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

ah ok very thx
"Die monster, you

--Richter Belmont--