PSOne overclock switch

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSOne overclock switch

Post by riva16 »

Hi, i want to use a switch for my PSOne portable to choose between overclock and normal play... the thing is, I don't seem to know how to wire that up! Or what switch i need. i tried to follow mattthemodder's digram on overclocking the DC with a switch for the PSOne, but can't figure it out... To overclock the PSOne you have to lift a CPU pin, and bridge it with the clock chip with a piece of wire... I need to solder 1 wire tot he point the pin was originall touching the board fromt he CPU, another wire to the lifted CPU pin, and then one tot he clock chip... i can't figure it out! Any help! I'm thinking this... One side of switch is on for overclock by combingin th elifted CPU pint ot he clock chip, then when switch is flicked tot he other side, it activates the lifted CPU pin witht he original spot the pin touched before lifting it...
http://djky2k3.tripod.com/psonoverclock_switch.jpg
Will this work? Now that i've seen it drawn, its seems to work.
Thanks
Kyle
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Overclocked portable :|? Your just going to be drawing more power and releasing more heat. Don't mess with it.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

The PSone already uses that speed no matter what, it just gets cut it half... no extra power being used, and there's enough room to vent... Just want to know if this setup will work? Should.
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

You sure? Sounds very inneficient. If it indeed uses the same amount of power and releases the same amount of heat go for it.