Ken Jennings loses Jeopardy

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by |darc| »

weeperofsouls wrote:
toastman wrote: Based on trivia.
Big difference. There is no problem solving or higher cognitive thinking involved in Jeopardy. Just knowledge of facts and figures.
Not to bring the guy down though. Higher retention usually means higher intelligence as well.
well, winning big on jeopardy takes more brainpower then winning on say, wheel of fortune. or family feud. man the people on those two shows are braindead.
Yeah, I have to agree. Jeopardy requires a lot more brains, even if it is just trivia.

I enjoy watching it... I haven't watched it in a while though.. hmm..
It's thinking...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

|darc| wrote:
weeperofsouls wrote:
toastman wrote: Based on trivia.
Big difference. There is no problem solving or higher cognitive thinking involved in Jeopardy. Just knowledge of facts and figures.
Not to bring the guy down though. Higher retention usually means higher intelligence as well.
well, winning big on jeopardy takes more brainpower then winning on say, wheel of fortune. or family feud. man the people on those two shows are braindead.
Yeah, I have to agree. Jeopardy requires a lot more brains, even if it is just trivia.

I enjoy watching it... I haven't watched it in a while though.. hmm..
Thats not true, wheel of fortune actually involves solving a puzzle as opposed to just knowing facts. in jeopardy you arent given answers that can be thought through (although many answers may contain hints that help to give the question, wether or not you actually know it) you are given answers that you simply have to know the facts. Not to say that it doesnt require more intelligence than ... lets say a game of dice, but yea...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Clarkbar »

I think he threw it. HE had to know the answer. I think he was tired of it. )()(
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

this could make for some good comercials for H&R block if they can get him "I could have had a lot more money if I had known about H&r block....bla bla bla you get the picture"
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Clarkbar wrote:I think he threw it. HE had to know the answer. I think he was tired of it. )()(
I think that is very possible.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

He threw it. There is no way he could have said time to go. Not even for his job. He probably could have bought a share in his own job, like maybe half or something. I know I would have thrown it if I knew noone would beat me. Heck, who likes watching a show if you know the outcome. Maybe jepoardy pressured him into doing it so they could have original shows. Hmmm....