O.J. still not making friends

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

O.J. still not making friends

Post by Roofus »

"A defiant O.J. Simpson vowed yesterday he would rather 'play golf' for the rest of his life than pay Fred Goldman a dime toward the $33.5 million civil judgment he owes for allegedly killing Goldman's son Ron and ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. 'If I have to work to pay them, then I won't work. It's that simple,' Simpson, 57, told a TV crew. 'So I'll just play golf every day.' ... Simpson also took his cruelest potshot to date at Fred Goldman, saying 'he didn't care about his son when he was alive' and accusing the dad of trying to 'make money' off his son 'in the grave.' ... Simpson lives in a $575,000 house in Florida and collects about $28,000 to $30,000 a month from his NFL pension and an annuity. By law, that money cannot be touched by the victims' lawyers."

Read article
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

hahah
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

im sure that doesnt scream 'guilty' to anyone else.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Well I dont think he should pay.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

He wasn't convicted, so I don't think he owes anyone jackshit.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

the system is, whether you commit a crime or not, we attempt to prove to a jury that you did after arresting you on a little evidence. If you are unable to do so, the suspect is to be released and left alone. However RACISM tampers the effectiveness of this with the OJ case.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

the standards for guilt are lower in civil court, so even if he wasnt found guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt, he could be found liable for their deaths.

that being said, he DOES owe 33.5 million as per what the court decided.

quite interesting that a few years ago fred goldman said that he would wave the settlement if oj just admitted he killed ron and nicole. he was already found not guilty so it wouldnt have mattered if he did say he killed them. that wouldve put all this to rest.
Last edited by weeperofsouls on Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

OJ is a strange dude. :wtf: Good running back though.
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

weeperofsouls wrote:the standards for guilt are lower in civil court, so even if he wasnt found guilty of murder beyond reasonable doubt, he could be found liable for their deaths.

that being said, he DOES owe 33.5 million as per what the court decided.
I know, becuase the system is screwed up.