Most graphically-rich DC game

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Muthafukin Carl
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Muthafukin Carl »

Dead or Alive 2 is the best looking game on the Dreamcast period. :mrgreen:
Currently playing:

Sega Marine fishing
Seaman
Super Mario All-Stars
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

While there is a group of games repeated in the majority of answers, many of us have pointed entirely different games ranging from EGG, to RE:V.
That only shows that most of Dreamcast's games have amazing and varied graphics for almost every taste!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Green Ranger wrote:I've played Evil Twin, never got to finish it though. The color palette is what turned me off after a while, every stage had the same feel to it - incredibly dark and gloomy. I also don't think that they gave much effort to the texturing either, it looked as if they just slapped them on without the proper use of bump maps. Maybe that's the look they were going for, but that style didn't motivate me to play. I also recall the levels being ridiculously hard, the camera angles didn't help much either. Remember using the slingshot to fire into the air vents on the wall, so you could have the sheet of air carry you across the abyss? Would've been nice to have the appropriate camera angle to make those shots easier. :|
I borrowed Evil Twin from a friend once, and never really got into it. The design and concept were both really neat, but the game looked like it had been built with a leftover N64 devkit. The models and environments were blocky and low-poly, the textures were questionable, and the facial expressions relied on multiframe pseudosprites (like in Zelda 64) rather than actual model animation. A neat game, but technically not too impressive, given how late a release it was.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

How about we post screen shots displayign the vibrant ness of each game in it's gfx glory?Instead of just saying "nu uh x-game looks better"?Just a thought.....
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

nah!
TheWanderer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheWanderer »

A game I've been playing as of late that has quite nice visuals is Ooga Booga. Not to mention great gameplay, as well as style, but that's a different story. It has a sort of pastel shaded look, very soft. They took their theme of Polynesia/Islanders/Jungle-y type elements, and ran with it, putting the tropical-ness of it all to good use. The graphics convey this beautifully. They run quickly, 60 FPS most of the time, and it's just nice and unintrusive.

Certainly not whiz-bang, but nice, yes. Other games I've heard have some nice visuals are Psyvarr (sp?) Will to Fabricate and Border Down.

It seems the last batch of US DC games always get the shaft in terms of most everything. They all have nice arcade-y graphics, that just do the job without screwing with gameplay at all. It seems a lot of 'em use the same visual style, case in point being Outtrigger, Confidential Mission, and Alien Front Online.
Dreamcast: It's thinking. And it thinks you suck.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Interesting you say that, since Outtrigger, Confidential Mission, and Alien Front Online all are arcade games that were directly ported from Naomi hardware. They all have that "sega-ish" arcade look to them. Daytona USA, Zombie Revenge, and Virtua Tennis also have that similar style.

Now that I think about it, the Capcom 3D games sort of look similar as well. Powerstone, Project Justice, and Cannon Spike all had a similar look to them.

ON TOPIC:

Soul Calibur, Rayman 2, and Test Drive: Le Mans. Those 3 games always pop in my head when folks ask for the most graphically impressive games on Dreamcast.