Either Shenmue 2 and PAO are still coming out, or gamepro is

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Dilbert
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Either Shenmue 2 and PAO are still coming out, or gamepro is way behind the times

Post by Dilbert »

I just got the latest issue of GamePro in the mail today, and inside was a full review/preview of Shenmue 2 with no mention of cancellation at all. There was also info inside that said Propeller arena online had been delayed but not cancelled. wtf? Also i have a question aboot Ps2. I know there is a network adapter coming out soon to enable online play. My question is, will a 56k modem be included with that, or will i have to buy that seperatley. If its not included, could i take the modem out of my DC and use it for the PS2?
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

game pro is a biatch... anyways AO is cancled and Shenmue 2 is coming out in Japan and Europe only.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

What in Gods name are you doing reading LamePro?
That magazine is for people 12 and under. I hope your 12 and under so it will explain what you were doing with LamePro. seriously though, that magazine is lame. They review BETAS and imports. (anybody remember the half life DC Review?)

If your going to read a video game magazine least you could read is EGM. ( i prefer GameFan ).
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

They review BETAS and imports
...which wouldnt be so bad if they didnt review them well after they are either released or cancelled... they have always been about 2 1/2-3 months behind the news...id highly suggest just dropping that subscription and checking for game news online since its up to date and most of the time you can get info straight from the source....
supersonic
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by supersonic »

ya i highly suggest u get egm there the bomb i still remember when i go the xbox issue where they showed us the xbox before anyone else then some dumb ass scanned it and realeased it to the internet before the official release now thats what i call up to date news.......plus sometimes it also has emu articles
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

i go the xbox issue where they showed us the xbox before anyone else then some dumb ass scanned it and realeased
why do yo ucall them a dumb ass, if it was EGM then it was legal... right?
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Hey hey!! I read gampro, the only reason I read gamepro was because it covered pc, I used to only read tips and tricks and others, and I don't read EGM because it does not cover PC :(
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

I don't read EGM because it does not cover PC
well in the 2001 Video Game Buyers Guide it sure seemed like it did, seeing as it had a whole bunch of game reviews and aobut 5 pages of articles...
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

/me heads on over to gamepro.com to write them an angry letter aboot this. Anyways, i didnt subscribe to gamepro by choice...when ODCM was cancelled this is what they sent in replacement. i think its pretty good except for the delays in reviews
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

Ok...my attempt to flame the editors of gamepro fell a little short when i couldnt find a place to email them at! lol... anyone know their email address?
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Individuals who had a subscription to the Official Dreamcast Magazine ended up getting GamePro after Imagine stopped publishing the magazine. As for pc info, I always enjoyed PC Gamer. They are/were really thorough and right on target with their evaluations of games. I ended up not renewing my subscription because I got so sick of having to upgrade my computer every so often just to play games. That is why I have gone back to video games.

O yes, is there anyone still publishing a Dreamcast magazine anywhere in the world that anyone may know of (Japan, UK, etc.)?
Merlin_X
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Merlin_X »

Sucks about Shenmue 2 eh? Anyway, I just go over to videogames.com. Sometimes I don't agree w/ their reviews, but their news is pretty up-to-date. GamePro and PSM just get on my nerves.

P.S.- I heard an X Box port of Shenmue 2 is coming out in America. Any thoughts on that?
Dilbert

Post by Dilbert »

well it would be good...except im not buying an x-box. maybe it will come out for PS2 or gamecube
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

ign.com i sthe best place for game reviews amd they just started a magasine a few weeks ago... too bad i don think th efirst issue is gonna be in stores and if it is then i shall buy it... btw i should buy the 2002 Video Game Buyers Guide... since 1999 heh.. though i may stop buying it cuz i only care about DC... someone should relese a magasine based on DC emu and home brew stuff.. that'd be cool...
Merlin_X
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Merlin_X »

Radish28- a mag about DC emu and homebrew software would be pretty cool but everything you need to know about the DCemu scene you can get from DCEMU, DCVISION, or BOOB!. Still, if someone did make that mag I'd probably buy it. It's not like I have anything better to do. I really do need a life, don't I?
Racer X
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Racer X »

Dilbert the network adapter for the ps2 has both ethernet and 56k on it.
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

i guess your ruight buy just think of all those stupid pplz who just buy mags and buy games cuz of their covers or cuz they have nice names or somthing... i guess it would be kinda a bad idea, though 1 issue is all i'd want...
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

The majority of one's impression is a visual impression. Presentation may not be everything, but it is most of it. Take for instance box art. If the box art looks borring, I won't bother with the game unless ofcourse I do read a great review.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

ok

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

im a asian dude and i want it dubbed, i dont want to read the subtitle and miss all the movies
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

the ps2 56k is already out :D