Metal Slug Beat em/Shoot em up!

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Metal Slug Beat em/Shoot em up!

Post by Matisfaction »

I got an idea for a Metal Slug BOR but kinda like with a POW (anyone remeber this game? :D) twist but with more fire power :twisted:, I dont no much about BOR modding and im on a mac,

I was just wondering if it would be possible to try somthing like this????
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

doesnt tak4 much donwload the edit pak and see hows its done you can see how all the animation is done. lust like one of those animated picture books. where u flip thru teh pages fast. all you need are sprites and usually u can google those. so get cracking
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

I can do it on a Mac?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Dont see why not. All you're doing is changing the sprites in a photo editting program. Testing the game, on the other hand, may be more difficult. Can you play BoR on a mac?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

I do have Virtual PC, But its a little slow Ive only got 256mb of ram at the moment, But im getting an eXtra 512mb this week. So will 768 be enough to get VPC up to a decent speed? or will i need a GIG?

Am i ok in using photoshop and image ready to edit the gifs?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

You can use anything. You could us MS paint if you wanted to
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Cool. ill get started when i get some extra ram fitted.
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

Make a game like the one you want to do, is very difficult with the BOR program.
Why? Because two things:

1. You only can created two differents kind of shots.
2. The character only can make one shoot at time.

Of course, you can integrate the shoot in the same frame that your character, and make seem it as if was shooting severals bullits. But it's a lot of work do that. So, since you have a lot of patient, I recommend you wait until Age of the Beast is released.

See ya. :wink:
Life is a path with infinite destinies
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

By, POW you mean P.O.W (Prisoner of War) for NES?

That might be possible since the Road Rash Revolution mod was somewhat vertical, but it was mainly a simple moving backround. P.O.W. was a full fledge vertical game, and if you can make it, I don't know if you can put much more variety then what was in RRR.

And for bullets, maybe you can have three bullets per button press (each with hits own hit box, if this is all possible.) But for challenge, make it two.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

Hmm...maybe I got confused. I think SNK released a P.O.W. on NES, but I can't remember if it was a free-form shooter or if it was like that. That game looks familiar though.

But nonetheless, if you are doing it that way, then I guess it would be possible. Though, according to what Omegasis said, it seems you may have to take up my idea with multple bullets per button push if that is possible.
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

Trentdaddy wrote:Hmm...maybe I got confused. I think SNK released a P.O.W. on NES, but I can't remember if it was a free-form shooter or if it was like that. That game looks familiar though.
I think you mean the Ikari Warriors series, that was vertical scrolling. I always remember P.O.W. as being a side scrolling game.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

but pow was also on the nes. I know cause I loved the arcade and bought the nes version.
http://www.nesplayer.com/database/sprites/pow.htm
OK since your just bringing up conversation i have went and found the http://www.panelmonkey.org/category.php?id=1&theme=1 sprites you need to make your game "if your serious".

in the middle section it say the game name scroll down to the metal slug and look at al the woulderful sprites ripped for your convenience.
Now GO and make a game
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Omegasis wrote:Make a game like the one you want to do, is very difficult with the BOR program.
Why? Because two things:

1. You only can created two differents kind of shots.
2. The character only can make one shoot at time.

Of course, you can integrate the shoot in the same frame that your character, and make seem it as if was shooting severals bullits. But it's a lot of work do that. So, since you have a lot of patient, I recommend you wait until Age of the Beast is released.
This maybe a problem! not for the generic enimies maybe, but for the main characters and main/sub bosses, The rest would be pretty good ive got lots of backgrounds, Tanks planes etc. it would really be a shoot em up and not really a beat em up as such, Power ups would be tricky but you could incorperate them in to the special moves, + you would only be able to shoot horizontaly. maybe the jump would sort that problem out?

This project is pretty ambitous, I think i need to find out more but how the game works before i start to make it.

I just wanted to test the water to see if anyone would wanna play this first?

Theres no point makin this if one one wants to play it i guess,
:(
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

nah its not difficult
I dont care who said that u can make a combo shot The main thing are the sprites. and i have shown you a few to use the attacks can be fixed and set up to be a shooter definately. People make it harder that it is!! I swear!!!!!
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

well weel see, I gotta get my head round how this thing works first its kinda hard coz VPC is real crappy and slow. and the backgrounds seem kinda tricky to match up. Ill have a sit down with it this week!