Super Smash Brothers BOR (Name Not Final)

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by zero »

Yep its working perfect now.

btw, i might also add a few of segas chacters from Sonic Fighters.

now for my first question,

Would ye like this to be fighting game like super smash brothers?, or a beat em up like streets of rage.

i feel like this engine could do a 2d super smash brothers mod with out needing to mess around with the source, i will see if i can have everyone from super smash brtohers and sonic fighters in it and for you to be able to select them (i dont know if this can be done or not since i dont know how many characters you can have on the select screen,
if you want a beat em up like streets of rage im most likely going to work on 2 mods, 1 for sonic fighters and 1 for smash brothers, as in whatever side you pick you will fight the other side, i dont have a story to go along with this yet but pick whatever one ye want and we can go from there :D .
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

zero wrote:now for my first question,

Would ye like this to be fighting game like super smash brothers?, or a beat em up like streets of rage.
A fighting mod will be very interesting. The bad think is:

It's impossible made a VS mode with this software.

I like the both styles. Do wharever you want.
See ya. :wink:
Life is a path with infinite destinies
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

man would be INCERBIAL to see I cant wait for this >:D.Also I am talkin to kungpow right now to see fi he can help you out :-p.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

i've run into a problem again :? , i still can't make a pak file for my mod so i can test it out on my xbox and dc, even with VDMSound installed, its still not working, is the something im doing wrong?. how exactly am i meant to use VDMSound to get it to make a pak file? (if thats what im meant to do), what i done was, after installing VDMSound, i click on the Makepak.Bat (or whatever its called), it goes to make a bat file then says something, this msdos program will not work under windows xp or something like that.
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

zero wrote:i've run into a problem again :? , i still can't make a pak file for my mod so i can test it out on my xbox and dc, even with VDMSound installed, its still not working, is the something im doing wrong?. how exactly am i meant to use VDMSound to get it to make a pak file? (if thats what im meant to do), what i done was, after installing VDMSound, i click on the Makepak.Bat (or whatever its called), it goes to make a bat file then says something, this msdos program will not work under windows xp or something like that.
Click with the right button of your mouse over the makefile.bat. In the menu that appears select "Run with VMDSound", or something like that. When the VMDSound screen appears not change anything. Only keep pressing the next button.

Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

If ti wont work for you Send to me and I will conpiel ti to a pak file
-cya-
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

Omegasis, thanks a lot m8, its working perfect now, so i can finally get back to work on my mod :D
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

zero wrote:Omegasis, thanks a lot m8, its working perfect now, so i can finally get back to work on my mod :D
Good news. Sounds like you're making a lot of progress on this already. Please post some screenshots when you get some things together. You can also announce your mod over at Gamikaze Mods Of Rage, in the News section. There's a sticky in there explaining exactly how to announce your mod.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

zero wrote:Omegasis, thanks a lot m8, its working perfect now, so i can finally get back to work on my mod :D
No problem. :lol:
LimitedEdition
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by LimitedEdition »

this game looks very cool... so is this strictly side scrolling or also a versus game
This world has a fever, and the only cure is more Shenmue
Trentdaddy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Trentdaddy »

Make it a beat 'em first so you can get used to the design of BoR, once you know more about it, you can make a fighting game, or just wait until AoTB comes out.

Be sure to include lots of sillyness and Nintendo inside jokes, that will really add to the feel of the game considering you are doing SSB.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I'll throw my hat in to help you at any time. ...after all, that's the loyality I give to the Nintendo and Sega characters and modders alike.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

How far are u into the project? Got any new chars?
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
Omegasis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Omegasis »

Wing6 wrote:How far are u into the project? Got any new chars?
He has a few days doing the mod. So the mod is in early stages of development.
Do a mod take a lot of time. It's no ease. You need be more patient.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

That's very true...it's no eaxy picnic...only a few mods can br done in a few days...but they're usually crappy
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

if you're making a smash bros style game... why not use the original graphics from the games the characters originally came from... so unlike the gc version with 3d models, it could be an ultra retro version with nes, snes and even gameboy sprites. i think that could look ace. classic black and white gameboy mario land mario versus link from zelda 2 on the nes versus samus from metroid on the snes!
InsaneDavid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by InsaneDavid »

souLLy wrote:if you're making a smash bros style game... why not use the original graphics from the games the characters originally came from... so unlike the gc version with 3d models, it could be an ultra retro version with nes, snes and even gameboy sprites. i think that could look ace. classic black and white gameboy mario land mario versus link from zelda 2 on the nes versus samus from metroid on the snes!
...that idea would rock! Either way it sounds like a great idea for a mod. Could use the Mario design from Super Mario Land 2 as a character, could like do a red and black sprited Wario from the Warioland Virtual Boy game (wish they would have done something like that in SSBM instead of Mr. Game and Watch). You could also toss in like Frog from Chrono Trigger (the way the Fire Emblem characters were in SSBM) or something along those lines. ...all of the action, none of the pokemon.
...controller hasn't killed me yet.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

ok, i have a small bit of bad news, the cops raided my house 2 days ago, let me start from the begaining.

9am, sunday morning, i hear knocking at my front door, i get up out of bed, walk down open the door, their is 1 police man standing their, and he tells me can i let the other one in and the back, then he asks me can he come in, i say yes, so he goes around the back and gets the other police man, i ask them whats the problem?, they tell me a 3rd police man is on his way with a search warrent, i ask why?, he says he can't tell me anything until the other police man comes, so 5 minutes later the other police man shows up, he tells me he wants to talk to me by myself in the living room, so i walk in with him, we sit down, and he tells me that he has a warrent to search my house, cos he got a tip off i was selling illegal dvds, and shit, i tell him that i'm not, and his says the is no point in lying, so he gets the other guys searches all the house, gets whatever copied stuff i had (about 20 movies on div-x and dvd, about 10 music cds, 15 xbox games, 5 dc games, 10 rom cds), and he also takes my pc :o , he tells me that he is going to need to take that with him, so he can send it off and get it checked out to see what i have on it, i tell him can he not just take the hard drive thats inside it since thats the only thing that has everything on it, then he turns around and asks my why?, am i trying to hide something :o , i tell him no, if i was i wouldn't be telling you to take the hdd and leave me with the rest of the pc, then he brings me down to the police station, so i could give a statement, so i did, he kept asking me was i selling any of the stuff, and i kept telling him no (cos i wasn't), he then tells me that if i do get back the pc (in 3 to 4 weeks time), that i might not get back my dvd burner, so back to the point, thats why i have not been here in 2 days, and that also puts back this project to 0% done, since they have all my files on that pc, the only things i have left for this now, is the gifs i send to zerotype to fix up, but don't worry, that wont stop me from working on this, and as soon as i get everything installed onto this pc (maybe by to night), i will be right back working on it.
btw, do ye think they can keep my dvd burner?.
Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

Ouch, that sucks well good luck with that. I hope u continue the project
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

ok some news, expect a demo release within 3 days, maybe even by tomorrow night :wink: .