My DcDivX website - Dc-DivX4Dummies

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My DcDivX website - Dc-DivX4Dummies

Post by ZacMc »

404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

That's good and all, but normally when i try to burn with a different sampleing rate it make the audio faster or shorter.
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

404NotFound wrote:That's good and all, but normally when i try to burn with a different sampleing rate it make the audio faster or shorter.
Well, nice try ZacMc, but I don't think you made 404's expectations... :lol:

Good work duckman!
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

404NotFound wrote:That's good and all, but normally when i try to burn with a different sampleing rate it make the audio faster or shorter.
Well, with DC-DivX you have to use a lower audio bitrate. It shouldn't have any effect on speed of the audio :? .
Good work duckman!
:) Thanks

I updated my site with a Dc-DivX burning page and a Dc-DivX burning kit.

-Zac
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Consolevision is now hosting my site, Thanks to BurnerO for puting my page up there. The new URL is http://www.consolevision.com/dreamcast/dcdivx/
Last edited by ZacMc on Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

Thanks, truly thanks. This guide should be included with the program.
FranticGod
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

virtual dub is aggravating me....

Post by FranticGod »

every time i try and make my avi file to the specified size and what not. it waits till the last second to give me an error. But earlier today i was able to make 2 movies files for the dc divx. hell i was even watchin em while i was tryin to make this one. i followed all the steps on Zac's website, and still at the last second of the file creation BLAMO i get an error. any ideas on what to do?
Snootch to the nootch
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: virtual dub is aggravating me....

Post by ZacMc »

FranticGod wrote:every time i try and make my avi file to the specified size and what not. it waits till the last second to give me an error. But earlier today i was able to make 2 movies files for the dc divx. hell i was even watchin em while i was tryin to make this one. i followed all the steps on Zac's website, and still at the last second of the file creation BLAMO i get an error. any ideas on what to do?
You could try running the video (that crashed at 99%) through divfix, it might "fix" it. I don't know why virtualdub gives an error at 99% :evil: You could try uninstalling/reinstalling divx or a different version of virtualdub but im not sure if it will help.

-Zac
FranticGod
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by FranticGod »

:D thank u very much zac.... now i don't have to destroy my comp out of aggravation. by any chance do u know where i might be able to find any info on dc programing? i know vb and c++. and thanks again for the info
Snootch to the nootch
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

FranticGod wrote::D thank u very much zac.... now i don't have to destroy my comp out of aggravation. by any chance do u know where i might be able to find any info on dc programing? i know vb and c++. and thanks again for the info
http://www.boob.co.uk
http://mc.pp.se/dc/
http://dcdev.allusion.net/
NewGuy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

WooHoo!!

Post by NewGuy »

Thank you so much ZacMc!! I tried a few other tutorials, and couldn't quite get them to work, but yours worked just fine! DCDivX is awesome!! Thanks again!
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

yeah, the dcdivx tutorial is great. zac, thanks a lot. We were soldiers runs great but for live action films I would suggest a bitrate of 550 or 600 rather than 500. This is great stuff!
alyosha
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by alyosha »

There is so much info on different settings for coversion to divx playable on DC- can anybody share there experience on how good quality of playback with DCDivx they see on DC? All my attempts lead to creation of files which were either - jerky (from decimation of framerate), or blocky (from 1 pass encoding), or had artefacts when there is a fast change in the scene (bitrate, size of the screen?). I did not try encoding higher than 320:240 - since I was watching it on normal TV, and had audion on 40kbits. I just wodner if what I described - is what everybody esle seeing, and through setting you can get a normal playback. When people say watchable, tolerable - this is very subjective and really no information. So can anybody share about their experience with DcDivx playback?
simonsez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by simonsez »

It depends a lot on the original source... I have a couple movies that look like absolute crap... while others look pretty damn good... but no matter how good, I can always tell I'm watching a low-res video. You're not gonna confuse it with a DVD. There's occasional blockiness, especially in dark solid color areas, and some fuzziness on small high contrast objects... but as long as I keep the frame rate and screen size low, I don't get any problems with jerky playback.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

The best Dc-DivX videos that I've encoded are comparable to *VCD quality*
alyosha
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by alyosha »

So it looks like for those who have DVD players with VCD playback it is actually simpler to convert downloaded divx files into VCD's than take a long shot in converting them to dcdivx format. Would that be consensus?
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

well.... I guess... if you want to be using your stuff on more than one system: the *BIG* advantage to DCDivX is simply the size of the compresed file... you can easily get at least 3 hours of pretty high quality video on one CD... that is a *big* plus
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Dr_Wily wrote:well.... I guess... if you want to be using your stuff on more than one system: the *BIG* advantage to DCDivX is simply the size of the compresed file... you can easily get at least 3 hours of pretty high quality video on one CD... that is a *big* plus
And you can show your friends/family and say "look its mpeg-4 compression on the DC!, not Mpeg-1" :wink: I'm sure they will be very impressed :mrgreen:
FranticGod
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by FranticGod »

i was wondering if anyone can help me out with this oh so very annoying problem... i've been trying to encode a movie to play on dcdivx using virtual dub. as i've said before i've accomplished this act.. lol but this movie and a few others are aggravating the hell out of me. Certain frames in virtual dub just don't work, i get an error like this one i.e "Error Decompressing Video frame 60620: An unknown error has occured (may be corrupt data). i've even tried to use divxfix on these movies and i still continue to get the error. i've tried other programs to convert them into mpeg's first and still that error. is there anything anyone can suggest? thank you in advance for any information.
Snootch to the nootch
God_of_Abomination
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by God_of_Abomination »

You could try AviDefreezer.
It's on Doom9, in the downloads, under AVI Editing tools
http://www.doom9.net
---------------------------------

PORTUGAL RULES!!!