Gay Marriage Ban Defeated

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mikey1109 »

Storminator16 wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:i dont necessarily agree about the whole thing about people choosing to be gay. i mean, we as straight people, we dont decide one day to be attracted to women. it just kinda happens.
Yeah, everytime I see a fine ass dude walking down the street I say, "damn, can't wait to get you jimmy down my throat." Not.

Yeah, and learning how to walk, eat, sleep, and poop "kinda happens". Think about what you are saying, man.

People are not born gay. They are conditioned to this just like everything else is. There are so many factors around us when our brains are developing it's not that simple.

I better get out of this thread before I get emotional about the topic. I haven't yet.
fool, im not saying you choose to be gay cuz you "see some fine guy walking down the street". open-minded people (or maybe under the influence of something) may have tried it, and WOW! they liked it. so then they decide. only a possibility. dont frickin make a whole post about "gay people choose this way or that". thats just an easily thought up possibility. learning how to walk and shit are required human processes. with a little help from your brain, you learn to control them. just like your mind controls who youre attracted to. or your preference.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

az_bont wrote: I don't have a link to hand, but I think I have something better. If you think being gay is a choice, then be gay for a week. Go on. Wake up tomorrow and say to yourself, "I choose to be gay this week, and during this period I will be sexually attracted to men, and want to engage in sexual relations with them".

If it works, then I'll admit that you're right.
That would work for a teenager, if they were exposed to either element.They would try out both women and men, and then finding out which one they liked better, they would then have that sexuality. I think it would be the same as a person finding out what job to have.As they would grow up, they would try out different things (playing doctor,video games,exposure to animals,swimming) and from those factors, for example, could come different results.

A game designer,a programmer,a marine biologist,a zoo keeper,a paleontoligist, etc, etc.

I think that the same thing happens with sexuality, myself. For example, I don't choose to be straight (or bi,or gay, or whatever I am, because I haven't had enough "trial" time to know), and I don't choose to be a geek. That is just the way I've grown up.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Mikey1109 wrote:fool, im not saying you choose to be gay cuz you "see some fine guy walking down the street". open-minded people (or maybe under the influence of something) may have tried it, and WOW! they liked it.
Wigger, you're not listening to what I'm saying. It's natural to learn how to walk, eat, sleep, and shit...the same as it's natural to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Do you like pussy? Then you understand what I'm saying. If you think thing-a-ling is ok then I can't help you.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Random_Troll wrote:matter didn't come from nothing.. It was all in a spot the size of a pin head. It exploded and bam ere we are.
And, to expand on that...
The universe right now is expanding. At least, that's what scientists have come to believe after observing the doppler shifts in all of the starts they can observe and analyzing what they've observed - every star in the universe is moving away from every other star in the universe, which is only possible if the universe is getting bigger. From what I've come to understand from sitting in science classes and researching a bit on my own a while back, there's a theory that the universe will reach a point where it can't expand anymore, and then the force of gravity will cause the universe to begin collapsing on itself. It will again (eventually) become the 'pin-head-sized ball containing all matter' until it contracts to the point where it can't contract anymore. From there, the 'Big Bang' will happen all over again. At that point, if intelligent life comes along again, it will have no way of knowing about us or the universe we live in. It will have all been destroyed.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

That theory is still not supported by and large. That is the 'Big Crush'. With the name comes the idea of a cycling universe that expands from nothing and expands to a critical point then pulls back into the singleness of nothing.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:matter didn't come from nothing.. It was all in a spot the size of a pin head. It exploded and bam ere we are.
And, to expand on that...
The universe right now is expanding. At least, that's what scientists have come to believe after observing the doppler shifts in all of the starts they can observe and analyzing what they've observed - every star in the universe is moving away from every other star in the universe, which is only possible if the universe is getting bigger. From what I've come to understand from sitting in science classes and researching a bit on my own a while back, there's a theory that the universe will reach a point where it can't expand anymore, and then the force of gravity will cause the universe to begin collapsing on itself. It will again (eventually) become the 'pin-head-sized ball containing all matter' until it contracts to the point where it can't contract anymore. From there, the 'Big Bang' will happen all over again. At that point, if intelligent life comes along again, it will have no way of knowing about us or the universe we live in. It will have all been destroyed.
But only if there's enough matter in the universe. Otherwise, the uiniverse will keep expanding until the last star burns itself out and the universe dies a cold, dark, empty devoid of anything but stray electrons. Also known as "The Big Chill." Lucky for us, this isn't supposed to happen for something like 800 billion trillion years.
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

Wigger, you're not listening to what I'm saying. It's natural to learn how to walk, eat, sleep, and poop...the same as it's natural to be attracted to the opposite sex.

Do you like pussy? Then you understand what I'm saying. If you think thing-a-ling is ok then I can't help you
LMAO
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

|darc| wrote:Not believing in evolution is pretty stupid IMO, it's pretty much PROVEN (I'm not talking about athiesm or christianity, just evolution).
I don't believe in evolution (well, not the way it's explained in text books). So, I guess I'm an idiot.

This board is resulting to double standards. Read back through the posts ;)
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

to put in a side note to this lovely conversation we're having....

ive noticed on this board is that word censorship is very illogical. words like 'shit' and 'fuck' are censored. thats understandable. words like 'bastard' are too, while other words like 'pussy' and 'goddamn' arent. most illogical. why are the words censored? to 'protect the children'? ha. kids have heard it ALL at school by the time they get out of kindergarten.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The word filter is there to act as a deterrant. We want to keep the forums as civilized as possible, and by filtering out obscenities we force posters to try and use more appropriate language, that benefits the forum in the long run.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

so pussy and goddamn are more civilized then shit or fuck. makes perfect sense.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

By default, the word filter only covers the more popular words. It's installed by default with phpBB. It would be an impossible task for all of the staff to sit down and think of every possible offensive word and come up with an amusing alternative to each. It would be too time consuming and pointless.

"Pussy" isn't actually a curse word, as far as I'm aware - and it is still often used in it's proper sense, when referring to a feline. And I don't think "goddamn" is either.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

well, pussy wasnt used earlier in the proper context. as for goddamn, well that depends on who you ask. personally i think goddamn is a more serious insult then bastard, since bastard can be said on tv while goddamn generally cant.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

MystiK wrote:
When random elements came together in some primitive world, after millions of years of random elements meeting, forming different molecules and compounds some randomly combined to form a protien. Randomly this happened more times, until a certain amount of them formed together under the right condiditions became the first cell. From there it could replicate.
yeah and where did the elements come from? A baby comes from parents, its parents from grandparents, its grandparents from great-grandparents, etc. Why does that logic stop there and isnt applied to life itself?
does anyone understand?
These are good questions. Maybe we shouldn't think in such a linear fashion.

If something cannot come from nothing, the only logical conclusion is that all the matter and energy that currently exists has always existed. Well, I suppose that you can also choose to believe that the magic man snapped his fingers and created everything, but that then begs the question: Where did the magic man come from? It's quite amusing when I bring this up to people. Most people can believe that a magic man has existed forever, but completely deny the possibility that he matter and energy in the universe has always existed :)
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Storminator16 wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:fool, im not saying you choose to be gay cuz you "see some fine guy walking down the street". open-minded people (or maybe under the influence of something) may have tried it, and WOW! they liked it.
Wigger, you're not listening to what I'm saying.
lol
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

az_bont wrote:By default, the word filter only covers the more popular words. It's installed by default with phpBB. It would be an impossible task for all of the staff to sit down and think of every possible offensive word and come up with an amusing alternative to each. It would be too time consuming and pointless.
The word filter does not come with entries by default.

The staff did indeed sit down and think of every possible offense word and came up with an amusing alternative to each.
It's thinking...
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

|darc| wrote:
az_bont wrote:By default, the word filter only covers the more popular words. It's installed by default with phpBB. It would be an impossible task for all of the staff to sit down and think of every possible offensive word and come up with an amusing alternative to each. It would be too time consuming and pointless.
The word filter does not come with entries by default.

The staff did indeed sit down and think of every possible offense word and came up with an amusing alternative to each.
Oh. I can remember installing a forum a short while ago when I was testing some things out, and it was enabled by default. Must've been another one :oops:.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

maybe its just me but i can't just look at the world and the universe and believe it was an acident. its just to incredibly detailed and organized. as for evolution it exists to an extent. saying intelligent life came from protien is like saying you can stick some wires and circuit boards in a bunker, leave it for billions of years, open it and discover a robot with perfect ai.

on the gay subject, i'm more or less a homophobe(and a fairly mean one), but you won't find out unless you try and shove your homosexuality in my face. i will do my best to tolerate something i hate. just don't tip the delicatly balanced scale.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Why are we the only species to have evolved into a higher form, otherwise?
There's no such thing as a "higher" form.
Humans are only as intelligent as we are because we suck at everything else. Most of our senses are inferior to those of other mammals, we're physically quite weak, easy to break, don't have any built-in weapons, or a lot of the things other animals have. Most other animals are extremely well adapted to whatever they're adapted for. Humans have developed the ability to adapt ourselves, and to adapt our surroundings to us.
Actually, we really don't suck at EVERYTHING. We have the most efficient means of land transport of any primate, for instance - being bipedal is a very big advantage in a relatively arid climate where constant transportation is a requirement. We also have great hands, and a breathing system very well adapted for dry areas. And hey, we can still climb trees, albeit not as well.
Let me guess the big bang occured from a big ball of gas that formed out of nothing.
Well, why couldn't this ball have existed for infinity time before the bang? Or, for that matter, that time didn't exist until the bang. It's just as logical as God - who, in biblical religions, just always existed.
just like a dumbed down version.
Dinosaurs weren't dumb though. Well, not all of them anyways. If I remember correctly, lifeforms becoming smaller in the past few hundred years has more to do with climate and atmospheric changes than anything. For what it is worth, though, the largest and heaviest known animal EVER is still swimming around in the ocean.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

i think Q from star trek TNG summed it up perfectly...

Q: "May whatever god you believe in.... heh..... have mercy on your souls."