NeoCD/SDL version 9 TEST build 2

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DCmad »

politoe wrote:If I see you near MSN I will bug you till you log off, so don't dare Ian.
h0h0h0h0h0h0h0
nice idea, let's make a movement "HELP MAKE IAN MICHEAL GET A LITTLE BIT OF REST"

hey Ian, be proud of the status you got with your work, so relax a bit, ok?
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Ian, you are my bestest friend. when you told me you had a heart attack I cried because i felt so bad for you, the night you told me you had chest pains I could not sleep man. I know you may not believe in god but I have been praying for you cuz your like the brother I never had, I have a brother but he is too much of a high on to care what I think or feel. I can't talk to him about anything cuz he thinks whatever I like is retarded. so like I said man just when you feel stressed just take a breather don't stress yourself to the point where your heart of gold can't take no more, your a great person and a talented person to boot, your the greatest person I know and I hope things in life don't get you down. I care about you and i am sure others do to, just relax and take care of yourself man, and I look forward to our next chat, until then take care my brother :}.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well scott just informed me about this crazy news...,and i agree man you need to take some time off. the scene has lived this long without a neo geo cd emu ,and im sure we can all surivie with what is out so far. theres no need to risk your well being just to get something made that we could just as easily wait for. they always say good things come to those who wait. so just take some well deserved time off. :o
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I think ian will pretty much do as he wants, as we don't really know what causes him stress, who knows he may actually find working on dc stuff actually fun and calming at times and probably filled with stress other times. All that is important now is that you you find out went wrong and try to get treatment and advice on it and make sure your wife takes care of you. Thanks ian hope you feel better.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Ian, I really don't know what to say but I'd like to thank you for all your great work and do what you think is best for you and your health.

I wish you all the best, mate.

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Thanks Yeah all about life style change no more fatty foods and sugar and salt. Im 38kg over wieght 120kg i should be 81kg. I have very low white blood cell counts high liver count they dont know what that is. But diet will make a change thats what i have to do. Some times coding is claming most times for me it's stress-full I tend to put every thing i do down and want to have it better. Every thing every one wants better so do i want sfx and or cdda on every game. But some times no matter how hard you try nothing changes. I have to lose weight life changing diet is going to be life long im told.

I dont think i will do as much but i will still be doing dreamcast stuff when i feel relaxed.

What i have to do is more activity better diet. Simple but harder to do i cant have any fat or 99% free. I have they said to me fat on my liver which means i cant lose weight like normal it's very hard to. I allways feel tired and pretty stuffed so when i have had such a low white cell count and unwell and not sleeping like normal that helped which is just me i dont like to quit, and i want fullspeed, this or that or just a very high standard and i do Stress over it not being good enff.

Any way just have to set time for it and not like i use to let Dc dev take up 8 hours or even more a day because the time i was spending really was not helping what i was doing. Some time it's better to walk away then come back at it.

Thanks for the well wishes Ive been told i will be fine but i need to change how i live.

Not quiting dreamcast i love sega really grown fond of many of you and the mate ship on the forum.

Cheers.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Ian Micheal wrote:Ive been told i will be fine but i need to change how i live.
That's great to hear :D

Ian Micheal wrote:Any way just have to set time for it and not like i use to let Dc dev take up 8 hours or even more a day because the time i was spending really was not helping what i was doing. Some time it's better to walk away then come back at it.
Yeah, that's something I should keep in mind too when I do something.

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Holy CRAP!!!!!! This kinda stuff always happens when I'm away... I shoulda been here hassling you take it easy... haaaaaa.

Glad to hear your okay buddy. Yeah, diets are a pain in the ass... just wait till your all fit and buff mate, you'll wonder how you ever did without it... haha. I used to do wieghts and stuff hardcore at College... got a girlfriend... stopped working out for a while... ate Mcd's and KFC etc, got pretty damn fat (it's amazing how fast muscle turns to fat when it's not looked after) and didn't notice until one day I looked in the mirror and was like "WTF????". But I'm pretty much back on top now... took a while, but I've never felt better. So don't give up... remember, there are healthy alternatives to almost everything out there. You want chocolate? Have a Pinky, you want chips, have some apple chips etc etc.

Sounds like your heart attack was a good wake up call. And I'm glad your okay. Hope Gabbi's coping also. You ever thought of taking up meditation or Yoga? Might help with the stress levels a bit.

Take a nice long break from coding. Go to bed at around 10pm every night for a month to sort out your body clock... that's possibly why your having trouble sleeping. Your OVER tired... that will stop you totally from sleeping, and can screw up your clock for a long time.

Let me know how its going (by email or something...)
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

You want chocolate? Have a Pinky
wtf is a pinky?
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i was wondering the same thing spaulding
mogorman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mogorman »

Ian you are amazing take a load off, we all appreciate what you have done for us

Edit: I can't spell...
-------------------------------------------------
some say the glass is half full
some say the glass is half empty
I say thank god they gave me a glass
Salamander2
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Salamander2 »

Ian, you don?t need to transform your "Dreams" in your worst "nightmare".
think about it. i don?t need to say anything else.
relax man.
"...they are carrying the last hope: to save planet Gradius...on their wings..."
GRADIUS TRIBUTE for Dreamcast!
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Captain Spaulding wrote:
You want chocolate? Have a Pinky
wtf is a pinky?
Whaaaa???? Don't you have Cadbury Chocolate over there??? Pinky is a pink marshmallow bar coated in a thin layer of chocolate... it looks a bit girly, but is 98% fat free, so it perfect for the person on a diet... mind you, it has a high sugar content, but that doesn't matter if your gonna be burning it off during the day anyway.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Wait a minute... we don't have pinkies over here. And they sound pretty fudging delicious :x.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Captain Spaulding
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Captain Spaulding »

Ohhhhhh thats what a pinky is. lol i was wondering what it was, sounds good even though i try to avoid too much sugar
I know what your problem is.
Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?
Yeah, well saddle up the mule, ma.Slide me some grits, I's gots to get me some edu-cation, uh hu hu hu.
You @sshole.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

remind me of PEEPS!!!!.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Oh yeah... it's only 90% fat free... which is still pretty good.
Also forgot to mention that it has caramel ontop of the marshmallow... then chocolate over the whole thing... yum yum....
Don't tell me you guys don't get Crunchies or Moros either....
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

We get all kinds of stuff, including various Cadbury candies, but I don't recall seeing any pinkies.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
xenon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xenon »

Ian Micheal wrote:It's close to the right speed. DMA is off it's 5% slower it was %120 speed last time it's pretty much normal in 9.2. Quiet a few changes in the rendering texture size changing in loading cdroms. Cpu core changes all timer bugs are fixes etc.

pretty much perfect but for known features not included and known bugs. Some more games do work with CDDA.

Have not updated the list last week i suffers a mild hart attack fingers turned blue and i thought i was a gonner.

Having lots of tests New diet no salt no taste that kinda of thing and i have to have more rest and less stress.
Take care Ian! I hope you are now in good health. Also thanks for your work!
The Alchemist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by The Alchemist »

BaldMonk wrote:Whaaaa???? Don't you have Cadbury Chocolate over there???
Well baldie, I'm from the UK (as you may remember, from another forum ;)), home of Cadbury's chocolate, and I've never heard of a pinky. Sounds kinda tasty, but 90% fat free is a bit of a misnomer. 10% pure fat... if you eat the bar in ten bites, one of those mouthfulls is solid saturates. Not exactly what I'd call healthy. :wink:

Anyway, back on topic, along with everyone else I wish you all the best Ian. I guess I'd encourage you to consider doing some Yoga or a martial art of some kind; it's good to get your mind working as well as your body.