Question About Plain Files

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
mrooobaa
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question About Plain Files

Post by mrooobaa »

Do I add the folder that they're in or just the stuff in the folder?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

If you are having trouble burning something, as the rules state, please don't simply say "I can't get it to work". We cannot help you get things working if you don't include the following information:

1) What type of files are you using (plain files, CDI, or NRG) and from where did you download them.
2) What method are you using: Selfboot, Selfboot Inducer, DSSBS, etc.?
3) What program are you using to burn: CDRecord, Nero, DiscJuggler, Alcohol 120%, CDRWin, Fireburner? (If it's not one of those five, then that's one of your problems right there).
4) What steps are you taking?
5) What model number/name is your burner?
6) What error messages are you getting?
7) What is on the disc after you burn it (if you put it back in your CD drive, and open it in Windows Explorer)?
8) What happens when you put the disc in your DC?
9) What tutorials, if any, have you read?
10) In this case, what exactly are you trying to do?
Answer all of those questions, and we will be 95% guaranteed to help you out.

If you don't answer those questions, many of us will simply refer you to this topic, so that you can read the information that you need to include.

thanks to Curt for making thatlist a sticky in the Help Forum.
mrooobaa
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by mrooobaa »

1)I downloaded the files from http://www.dcemulation.org and they are plain files.
2)I am trying to put plain files on a disk.
3)Nero.
4)I start up nero, and then I put the plain files on the disk.
5)Nero demo.
6)It justs doesn't start (reads the disk and goes to the main DC menu).
7)DC Hakker
8)It reads the disk and goes to the main menu.
9)I read the one you see when you click on plain files on a page where you download homebrew and ported games.
10)I'm trying to firgure out how to put plain files on a disk.
All I want to know is how I should put plain files on a disk.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Thanks for that info, but you never specified what plain files you downloaded. There are many plain files downloads on dcemulation, its very hard for us to help you unless we know exactly what it is you are trying burn.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

I take it you want to use the plain files and boot them using dc hakker but It may help us to better advice you if you specify which plain files you are planning to use.
mrooobaa
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by mrooobaa »

I am trying to use the Ninja Monkey Plain Files and the Quake II plain files. Unfortunately, I have another problem. I can't get DC hakker or that demo menu to work. I downloaded the nero disk image of them, put it on a disk with nero, and I put it in the dreamcast (I have a disk of each). The Dreamcast didn't work, and I'm running low on blank CD's. Sorry if I'm not giving enough info still.