The worst day of my life!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
taxcheat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The worst day of my life!

Post by taxcheat »

Hi all!

I had DreamSNES 0.9.4, bought myself 4 ROMS cd's (I had no choice, I have no burner.. ) and found that the speed was a little too slow for me to really enjoy the games. The emulator looked very promising though, so I told myself to wait for the next release before I'd really start getting into it. Two months later, on Valentines day I read about the new version and I was ecstatic! A few days later even THAT version was updated!! So I got a friend from overseas with a burner to download the new version for me and send it to me. When I finally got it my hands were shaking as I put it into my DC. Then I did the disc-swap with a ROMS CD and only 5-6 ROMS showed up. I tried again and again but to no avail. Now I finally have the chance to look on the internet and I read that it's a known bug. If anything is to be fixed in the next version.. please make this it! Otherwise, the emu looks great on the few ROMS I can try (which, to my dismay are all JAP rpgs and ancient fighting games). This is not a complaint email, just a plea for the authors to fix this bug!

thanks,

taxcheat
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: The worst day of my life!

Post by someoneElse »

taxcheat wrote:This is not a complaint email, just a plea for the authors to fix this bug!

thanks,

taxcheat
Yes, your ROMs disk(s) will need to have a \sound directory with an mp3 or audio mp2 file in it, otherwise it throws a fit. Since you don't have a burner, and the only person who will help you is overseas, take it as a good opportunity to go out and make new friends that do have a CD burner. I'm willing to bet there's more than a few people out there willing to trade half a dozen CDRs and a little time for a bit of good conversation and some companionship...

...either that or you can shell out $50 for a burner of your own or something... Whatever works.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

Post by mc »

taxcheat wrote:...Then I did the disc-swap with a ROMS CD and only 5-6 ROMS showed up. I tried again and again but to no avail. Now I finally have the chance to look on the internet and I read that it's a known bug. If anything is to be fixed in the next version.. please make this it!...
We always fix all known bugs before making a new release. The main bugs of 0.9.6 (ROM listing without music and funny characters in score displays) have been fixed in our CVS for some time now, so you can rest assured that 0.9.7 will contain only new bugs. :-)
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

"new bugs"?

Of course DSNES doesn't have ANY bugs... they are fetures!

(programmers excuse :) )
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Hey yea lets all go buy some copyrighted shit and help bootleggars :?

*edit* Hey I said something else, not poop.

Weak.
/WhtCastle
SuPerSaYinGoKU_DBz
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SuPerSaYinGoKU_DBz »

[quote="taxcheat"]Hi all!

I had DreamSNES 0.9.4, bought myself 4 ROMS cd's (I had no choice, I have no burner.. ) and found that the speed was a little too slow for me to really enjoy the games. The emulator looked very promising though, so I told myself to wait for the next release before I'd really start getting into it. Two months later, on Valentines day I read about the new version and I was ecstatic! A few days later even THAT version was updated!! So I got a friend from overseas with a burner to download the new version for me and send it to me. When I finally got it my hands were shaking as I put it into my DC. Then I did the disc-swap with a ROMS CD and only 5-6 ROMS showed up. I tried again and again but to no avail. Now I finally have the chance to look on the internet and I read that it's a known bug. If anything is to be fixed in the next version.. please make this it! Otherwise, the emu looks great on the few ROMS I can try (which, to my dismay are all JAP rpgs and ancient fighting games). This is not a complaint email, just a plea for the authors to fix this bug!

thanks,

taxcheat[/quote]
Hey You Need the sound file
Why Are You Looking At My Mom?...
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

yes..its hard for them to grasp. just one measly sound file.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

mc wrote: We always fix all known bugs before making a new release. The main bugs of 0.9.6 (ROM listing without music and funny characters in score displays) have been fixed in our CVS for some time now, so you can rest assured that 0.9.7 will contain only new bugs. :-)
They're fixed? Any chance of releasing a new version soon then? ;)