Super Famicast state of things

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super Famicast state of things

Post by karsten »

I was wondering how you're doing scherzo...
It's a few time since we lastly heard something about.

Any news?

(for people that can't read this is not a release request)

OFF-Topic: Ehy, scherzo you said that you love classical music, right? I'm looking for something like chopin's fantasie impromptu and some organ music.. any suggestions?
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
OminaeYu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Super Famicast state of things

Post by OminaeYu »

karsten wrote:(for people that can't read this is not a release request)
For people who don't know how to get to page two this is not spam :roll:

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48370
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Yeah, I'm into classical music. If you like Chopin's Fantasie Improptu, then, of course, you first gotta hear other Chopin works if you haven't already. If you are mostly into piano works, the scherzi are nice :) Etudes and preludes are a must.

Check out some Liszt and Rachmaninov too. I recommend Liszt's Mephisto Waltz, Transcendental Etudes, and his concerti. Rachmaninov's 2nd and 3rd piano concerti and his preludes.

Always see if you can find recordings of Vladimir Horowitz performing. He was a god.

As for Super Famicast, I haven't worked on it much lately. I have lots of bills to pay (new car) and need to make moola. I still will find time to do what I said I will do, which is make it full speed. Hopefully the scene isn't completely dead by then. I might make a half version release when I get the chance that has the sound sync problem fixed. We'll see.

I am working on a commercial game right now, actually. It will first be for PC. If it does well it might see other platforms. All I can say is that it is Smash TV inspired and will be bloodier and more offensive than anything you've ever seen. At least that is what's planned. It will use the Irrlicht Engine.

Speaking of Irrlict, it is really nice! A completely free 3D engine with a good number of features. It is also under the zlib license, meaning you can use it however you like. It also seems like it could be ported to DC/KOS with little effort. It might be a future project of mine to do this, especially if this game I'm working on will see console ports.

I'll be in touch everyone...
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Yeah, I had looked at Irrlicht a couple months ago. Since most of the devvers here seem to frown upon C++ that uses D3D, I didn't bother hyping it up. It does seem to have support for most of the major 3D engine luxuries: 6DOF, fogging, transparencies, multiple light sources, particle system, collision detection, etc.

As always, I'd enjoy seeing something like this ported to Dreamcast. I hope you or another homebrew programmer has the time and expertise to take on a project like that.

Oh, and good luck on your commercialware! Sometimes its hard to remember that you guys have to make a living n' stuff. I almost wish that most of you were just a bunch of nerdy prodigy kids, who had nothing better to do than sit home in mommy's dark basement, and code homebrew DC games. All for MY benefit of course. :wink:
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

karsten wrote:I was wondering how you're doing scherzo...
It's a few time since we lastly heard something about.

Any news?

(for people that can't read this is not a release request)

OFF-Topic: Ehy, scherzo you said that you love classical music, right? I'm looking for something like chopin's fantasie impromptu and some organ music.. any suggestions?
Scherzo has made excellent suggestions, I'll just suggest some specific recordings....

Chopin Piano Concertos, recorded by Krystian Zimmerman with the Polish Festival Orchestra = Best Chopin Recording EVAR. I consider Krystian Zimmerman the best pianist alive today, you can't go wrong with anything he has recorded.

The best Rachmaninoff 3rd concerto recording is the live recording by Arcadi Volodos with James Lhevinne conducting the orchestra. If you can't find this look for Martha Argerich's recording.

Marc-Andre Hamelin is probably the best player in the world today where Liszt's music is concerned.

And as Scherzo said, Horowitz is amazing - Look for his "Carmen Fantasy", it'll blow your mind.
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

I am guessing we won't see a new super famicast until late summer early fall, I could be wrong but this is what my intuition tells me.
no other company in the gaming world will ever have the originality that sega and nintendo have to offer, PEROID. xbox and sony take a HIKE!!!!!
sbz -04-
prymetyme2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by prymetyme2 »

Any ideas on a timeline for a finished fullspeed super famicast? I know that statement is probably being laughed at, but just thought I'd ask for grins.
-Nooch
You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

OminaeYu wrote:
karsten wrote:(for people that can't read this is not a release request)
For people who don't know how to get to page two this is not spam :roll:

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=48370
this attitude pisses me off. i came here just 2-3 times a week for not more than 10 minutes, because i work and i have a lot of things to accomplish, so i don't look everytime at all the old pages...

you can ask anyone in this forum is i have EVER spammed the boards or being impolite.

by the way, thanx for you classical suggestions, i'll try to find most of them.

oh, i almost forgot: it's nice to hear you still work on it in your free time. scherzo
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

well karsten I hope your not referring to me. I just feel we will have lots of waiting before we can expect V2. I suggest either use Dreamsnes or get a snes they are cheap and I own one and play it more than the 3d crap we see day and day out. I would love to see a fullsped and sound snes emulation on DC because I would like to play the games the US did not get like Secret of mana 2 :evil:
no other company in the gaming world will ever have the originality that sega and nintendo have to offer, PEROID. xbox and sony take a HIKE!!!!!
sbz -04-
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

DemoniusX, I think he was refering to OminaeYu but not sure.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

oops, sorry, forget what I said then
sbz -04-
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

Yeah, while you're waiting for me to finish up V2, get a real SNES or Super Famicom.

Actually, not too long ago I bought a Super Famicom and a Super Magic Card 32M. So now I can put a rom on one or more floppies and load them up on a real SNES.

Here's the deal... this morning I burnt a new version of DC-load-IP that will work with my new network setup. What I plan on doing over the next week is putting together a release that at least have the sound synch problem fixed. Some of you might decide to waste another CD to burn this release, some won't. But since it's going to be so long until I release an actual V2, this is the best I can do now.

Well, off to friggin work.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Work is so overrated. I say you should just sit home, and code....for ME! :D

Now I'm not a bastard, I'll paypal you a couple bucks every other day, so you can get a burger and fries or something - those 99cent value meals come in handy. Hell, I'll mail you a nice big box of ramen noodles, if you get REALLY hungry. Now is that support or what?!

Oh, and if you feel that you absolutely HAVE to work, you can work part time at the gas station a mile southwest of you. That way you'll still have money for gas.

As for the cost of living....well.....um....there's low income housing! YEAH! See I thought all this out. So....get started! :D

(EDIT: fancy pants??? :o )
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

Warmachine wrote:DemoniusX, I think he was refering to OminaeYu but not sure.
exactly.
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

sorry,for the false accusation karsten
sbz -04-