Random Reset solution

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
DCFan2004
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Random Reset solution

Post by DCFan2004 »

Hi, first time poster and a new DC owner. I recently purchased a DC from my local gamestop about a month ago unfortunately it was a random resetter :evil: . When i went to return it for a new one they had sold out of all their used systems so i was stuck with it. After stumbling onto this site i checked for possible solutions to fix the problem and i came across a problem where the switch that tells the DC that the lid is closed may become loose and lose contact with the lid. Turns out this was the problem with mine. I read somewhere that if you put a rubberband around the switch it would solve the problem but the DC would always register the lid as closed(No more Powered game switches) Since i was painting my system i decided to see if i could find an alternate solution. What i did was glue a small piece of cardboard(would of prefered plastic/metal but didnt have any) to the bigger of the two gears on the lid. This gives the switch more pressure and a larger surface area to press against. It's been over a week since i've done this and my DC hasn't reset once :D Hopefully this helps someone and gives them an alternate solution to fix their DC.
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Welcome to the forums.

Use the search function to find the answer, this has been discussed many times.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

It's a good idea though, force the switch to make better contact without having it strapped down all the time. Helps if you want to change discs, as it will stop the disc for you.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
markush
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by markush »

I did to one of my older tvs. But instead of using cardboard I super glued a lego to it and cut it down.