dreamsnes or famicast?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

dreamsnes or famicast?

Post by NightStalker »

you think as much as i have used dreamsnes,i would know this question..but i dont.so here goes.can dreamsnes use patch files?

can famicast?

ive been playing bahamut lagoon on my pc,and would like to try it on dc just to get away from the monitor a bit.never really played many translated games that needed a patch so never tried or read up on it for dreamsnes or the newer emu.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

If you patch the ROM itself, then it should run fine if the emulator can play the unpatched ROM in the first place. I have no idea if it can use seperate patch files.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

yeah i just have the .ips patch file and run it with the rom thru zsnes.havent got an acutal patched rom.

and just an fyi...if you have not played bahamut lagoon..you must try it out.absolutely perfect battle engine,probably the pinnacle in snes grpahics.
uZiel
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by uZiel »

As far as I know, neither emulator has this feature. But I asked for it in the superfamicast website :wink: it should be looked at as a secondary feature though, just use snestool or the infinite versions of ips.exe to patch the rom file and it will run flawlessly.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Just run it through any random IPS patcher program, and burn the patched ROM to a CD. Piece of cake.
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

Just run it through any random IPS patcher program, and burn the patched ROM to a CD. Piece of cake.

thanks BlackAura,a buddy of mine told me about ips patch tools a couple nights ago.works like a charm...damn i love this game!

and another good one that doesnt need a patch is a sqaure european snes release called terranigma...very,very good rpg title.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Only if Terranigma had smooth 60fps animation as Tenchi Souzou (the JP version) has.
It makes patching Tenchi Souzou worth it :P
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

hi nakamichi,can you suggest a few VERY GOOD japanese snes rpg's???

preferably those that can be patched to english.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Just go to Dejaps page - they don't bother translating rubbish games.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Try Tales Of Phantasia,Fushigi no Dungeon 2 - Fuurai no Shiren,Rudora no Hihou,Marvelous or Tengai Makyo Zero.
Or try something like Gun Pull - Gunman's Proof or Super Chinese World Parts 2 and 3. :)
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

thanks fella's im on it.just finished bahamut lagoon..awsome game..now im starting terranigma.