ScummVM 0.60 won't work!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
]Maxx[
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ScummVM 0.60 won't work!

Post by ]Maxx[ »

Hi all,
-I tried to burn ScummVM 0.60 with DIR2BOOT, but it resets after booting.
-Then I tried to make a NON SELFBOOT disk, so i burned with nero.. I loaded UTOPIA, then inserted the disk.. it loads all way till 100% then resets.
-At last, I tried with ULTIMATE SELFBOOT UTILITY 4.0 FINAL, i burned the disc, it failed again (resets).

I wanna specify that I burned a lot of SB Dreamcast stuff in these years, i'm not a dummy..
It's just me, or this release has smething wrong?!
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I've been playing with this since it was released, the only game I've tested is FOTAQ - hoping for a new DC Evolution image release, no go - FOTAQ is not playable with this version :( .

On to your post...

I take it your using the plain files download...
firstly, the IP.BIN that they use never works (33kb in size - should be 32), get an IP.BIN from another disc you've made and replace the one that comes with the plain files with that. Secondly, rename scummvm.bin to 1st_read.bin (it's already scrambled so don't do it again or it'll mess up the file). Lastly, use any of your known to work self booting apps and you should be good to go.
Across the Universe
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

DCDayDreamer wrote:I've been playing with this since it was released, the only game I've tested is FOTAQ - hoping for a new DC Evolution image release, no go - FOTAQ is not playable with this version :(
Really? That's odd - I completed it with a 0.6.0pre CVS version on the Dreamcast.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

I've got further in the game before any crashes with a previous daily build (CVS), although it's a bit old now. I was hoping this release would be more stable, the game crashes when you leave the hotel and head for the truck in the early stages by the way.
Across the Universe
mkui
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mkui »

i haven't tried fotaq yet, was trying sam & max, simon the sorcerer and indy 3 first. all the games i've tried worked fine.

i used the selfboot.exe program and the ip.bin and scummvm.bin from the scummvm website to burn it. placed them in a directory plus some games and created a discjuggler image of that and it worked first time.

One other thing I noticed, has anyone checked the cvs tree for the dreamcast backend? marcus made quite a few additions there which are not in the 0.6.0 release - including a virtual keyboard! i'd be interested to know if it'd be worth compiling that cvs version, if anyone else has tried it - i usually have something go wrong when compiling and i'm low on blanks :wink:
mkui
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mkui »

i tried fotaq and yep it crashes when you try to exit the hotel at the start in ver 0.6.0. works fine on the windows build though.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Same thing happens to me in the Talkie version.....except the characters dont talk :|
mkui
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mkui »

ShadowofBob wrote:Same thing happens to me in the Talkie version.....except the characters dont talk :|
if you downloaded the freeware version from the scummvm site the talkie won't work on the dreamcast. the freeware version is already mp3 compressed and the dreamcast version of scummvm doesn't support mp3s.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Oh...well that explains it. Does anyone know how to uncompress files and reinsert them? Or a site where you can download the uncompressed version?