DEH error

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
prymetyme2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DEH error

Post by prymetyme2 »

I made a doom disc with about 25 mods. All but 3 of them work perfectly. 2 come up with a .deh file error (QuakeDoom) and (AleinTC). The other is Barney doom which loads fine, but it doesn't show any of the enemies. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Nooch
You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Any more details? And could you post the DEH files?

Chances are that they're an old version of the DeHacked patch format. nxDoom only supports version 3 of the DeHacked patch format, not the earlier versions.
prymetyme2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by prymetyme2 »

Perfect. I'll post the deh files when I get home. However, will the game run without these deh files (if I just dont put them on the disc and dont put them on the modlist.txt)? If it does run without using the deh files... what will be different? Thank you for the info.
-Nooch
You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Some of them kinda run, others will just be a mess.

Basically, the DeHacked files modify the gameplay, by changing Doom's internal sprite and object tables. It's fairly common for them to change animation sequences, change unused objects or enemies into new ones, or do all kinds of other insane things. Without them, it'll play like Doom, but since the levels are for the modified version, they might not work properly.