Have u ever used illegal software?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Have you ever owned or used an illegal copy of software?

Total votes: 0
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Have u ever used illegal software?

Post by EvilSporkMan »

This should be interesting...
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

If the vote doesn't turn out to be 100% for yes, we'll know that somebody has has lied when voting. :wink:

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't notice the 3rd vote option of "No comment" *cough*liar*cough*, so I guess you had that area covered already. :lol:
Boogerman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Boogerman »

Not since the days of my Amiga when we swapped games in the playground ;).....

Dad won't let me touch any illegal software... damn Christianity
It only takes one tree, to build one thousand matches
It only takes one match, to BURN one thousand trees

GODDAMN That XBox sucks!!!!
Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

We're all using ROMS & I assume most people don't own most of the games that they are using with the emulators, so the result of this poll is a foregone conclusion.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

maybe he was talking about things like, norton 2002, or adobe photoshop 6.0, or flight simulator 2002 or...........ummmm ive said too much.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
XantiaX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by XantiaX »

ive never owned anything illegal software wise! *runs*
..::XantiaX::.. aka Chim-Chim Cootiesniffer
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

of course. Windows, all my programs, games, etc. IF its worth paying for, then I believe you should buy it.... but still, soemtimes the cost of a game is way too much and you just can't afford it. In canada shenmue2 is $90, I have a copied version I will admit, but I have not yet touched it.... I do not want to play it till I have the real version of shenmue 2, which I will cherish forever, and only then will I play tose backups. Shenmue is too fine a game to not get more enjoyment out of because I have the backups... but other then that, I have tons of stuff backed up, even DC games, I admit that, but here you cannot pick one up at a bin for $5, they all cost $20 at the least, any decent ones cost $40-60, and that's for old games, come on. I will admit his though, I just don't enjoy the game as much as I did when I payed for them, and starting with my next console, I will only buy the software..... unless there's a cheap chip. :lol:
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I used to know a guy who wouldn't do it. We went to his house for something and installed the state of the art Wolfenstein 3D (no not castle wolfenstein) and it was even SHAREWARE. But he made sure he deleted it within 30 days cause that is what your supposed to do with Shareware if you don't buy it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

yes...tons of warez........................

its illegal if you sell them from backups, hell no if im going to prison.
spag
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spag »

i would never pirate games. my friend pirated me a copy of riven and i've never played it. i just can't do it. it seems so evil to pirate something i get so much enjoyment out of.

my last two versions of windows and some other things were copied from originals my friend owns. so it's not like they are really "pirated" because i didn't get them off the internet. i only got like one copy from my friend. i still feel bad about it and i'm changing my ways.

i've not acquired new pirated stuff and i've gotten rid of most of my pirated things (which wasn't many, only stupid stuff like a crack to make winzip never expire). so now i'm getting closer to a purer "non-pirated" computer. so that is good. it's just hard to do it all at once because you'll be left with nothing! heh

:?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

List of personal warez:
Windows 98, Photoshop, Norton Antivirus (borrowed acutally), Norton Utilities, Nero (of course), and the not to be discussed Genesis emulator (though I have never burned it)
Thats all I can think of right now. I have no pirated games, though
DreamTheater420
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by DreamTheater420 »

I have shared software with people and downloaded stuff..... *cough*XP*cough* *cough*Photoshop*cough* .....man...i seem to have a bad cough....i think i need some cough medicine.....But seriously.... i dont think theres anything wrong with someone sharing with ya if they own it.....of course i could be wrong.... :oops:
"If I started from the top, and worked my way down."
Spongebob Squarepants
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

We bought the Windows 2000 OS im running right now...hmm...most ROMS that are jap only and i use i guess you could say are...not much else though (Besides that certain...emu...that shall not be discussed). I burned a copy of the Lego Island game my friend has....I couldnt resist! Legos rule! WAAAAHHHH! Other than that i still own my SNES, Genesis, Atari, NES, and Gameboy games.
"WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY BOAT?! AND WHY ARE YOU WEARING THAT SKI MASK BECAUSE YOURE NOT SKING!" ~ Spongebob
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

everyone has, i have

i have tons of illegal programs, games, movies, ect.

people may not like it, but im a unemployed teenager, and i cant afford to buy something like flash 5 for $999.
EvilSporkMan

Post by EvilSporkMan »

I dunno why, but this reminded me...there's some neat stuff you can do with the Nero demo if you d/l the new version every month and use a regcleaner...(um...it runs faster, yeah...)
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Well, I dont like the term "Warez" as its too broad a label, but dont we all have some dirty little secret hiding deep within the reccesses of our harddrive? Like those Bukkake movies you privately enjoy when your GF is gone? Ah..maybe I've said too much already...(that was a joke, no really)
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I am a hypocrite. I don't like piracy. I'm too youung to have a job, and I have little familty opportunities. All the money I make per month ($10) has to go toward my internet service because my parents refuse to pay. Therefore, I warez a lot. I don't like it. Like liltimmyw said, I can't afford any of the software I have. Whenever I do get money, I gladly fork it over.
It's thinking...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

What a dum thread.

A better poll would have been "Who *hasnt* used illegal software?"

Because we all have and most of us probably do on a regular basis.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

nope, not me, never 8) I would NEVER use backup DC games, or PS2 games, or roms I didn't own the original of, never would I rip off Billy's XP... hey that man is almost broke and needs our money. You all should be ashamed!!!! :!: 8) :twisted: 8)
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
bahhh
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by bahhh »

Let's put it this way: I own 2 Dreamcast games...the rest I borrow from my cousin who has over 150 copied Dreamcast games. Btw, NO ONE pays for their OS unless it comes installed on the computer. I've never met ANYONE in my whole life who has payed for a copy of Windows. Jeezuz, most stores that you buy your computer from will install Windows on your computer for free without making you pay. They just turn their heads...
A bagel is a donut with rigormortis...