nice modding opportunity

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nice modding opportunity

Post by molotovwars »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4313

EDIT: was at $.01 when i posted link
Last edited by molotovwars on Sun Feb 22, 2004 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

that shipping is REALLY inflated. for the 22 dreamcasts i bought (all but 3 or so had motherboards), the shipping was 50$ it was the real shipping price too, +- a few $ (i checked the labels).

i bid on it anyways...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I would, definately. But wrong country! We never see deals like that in OZ ebay
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

yes, nows a perfect time to call up that friend of mine who offers to let me buy stuff on their ebay account if i give em the money 8-)
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

Why do you guys want more than 1 DC? I can see if you have one at moms and one at dads, but I'm about to move out. I'll only need my one Dc, thats moded to hell, wll, not yet, but will be, and my PS2. I don't need to buy 22 DC's *cough* like quzar *cough*. Not dissin, but I don't understand wanting so many, especially broken. Unless I owned a game shop, but uhh, i'm trying for something more than a game shop. :D
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

some are, some aren't, collecting, who knows, imagine a line of dreamcasts painted the colors of the rainbow, somebody will say "thats dumb", but the next guy might go, hmm not bad.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

::sees bid:: Go quzar! :thumbsup:
molotovwars wrote:... imagine a line of dreamcasts painted the colors of the rainbow, somebody will say "thats dumb", but the next guy might go, hmm not bad.
That's an interesting scenario. :lol:

I personally wouldn't mind stockpiling parts, especially considering the uniqueness of the GD-ROM drive... Besides; What would someone do with a broken DC if no one picked it up? I don't even want to think about that...

:wink:

Dreamcast!
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Thats roughly $5/ a broken DC, which I guess isn't bad. Still though... what do you do with all your DC's?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i really like fiddling with the hardware. the more hardware components i have, the more i can do this. I bought the 22 DCs for the fact that it was a great deal. for 100$ i got many many many DC parts, a NGPC a SNES and 2 psx motherboards. I want this lot because i want to get more functional. I have friends who want DCs and if i get them working i will literally give them away in order to promote the DC. One of my friends is very interested in programming in C with SDL and i have introduced him to DCdev and he would love to do stuff for it but he dosnt have a DC.

I wanna spread the joy. Also, I'm quite a bit of a packrat. When a good deal comes along, then im very enticed by it. If i were to sell the cases i have (spare no mobo for them etc) for 5$ a piece i could make like 50 or so $. Then i have like 10 mobos etc. etc etc If there were a good forum to do it here (a B/S/T forum) then i would be able to advertise well this opportunity to repair your DC with my spare parts (that i would sell really cheap, you should know riva :wink: ) which will be even more worth it once the gamestop stores stop carrying DCs and it becomes rare to see them elsewhere than eBay and etc etc blah blah.

I like my piles of DC mobos and cases =P.
Dreamcast!
That reminds me of the DC jap scream that was like 'Dream-Cast' all tiny and cute.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

also, one of those DCs has an Atari sticker on the lid (for the Atari Anniversarry game thinger). I did the same to my Sports DC (regret it, dosnt look too good). 5$ a DC isnt that bad... is it? I should be able to get them working.. i hope !
2lazy
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by 2lazy »

quzar wrote:that shipping is REALLY inflated. for the 22 dreamcasts i bought (all but 3 or so had motherboards), the shipping was 50$ it was the real shipping price too, +- a few $ (i checked the labels).

i bid on it anyways...
Damn U! Your the one who stole those 22 DC's on ebay from me a while back .... :P
|2lazy.com My Website
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

i picked up a second dc a while ago, checked the thing, and it works most of the time, i exchanged it for my lil bros psone with 9 games, then i got a sony lcd screen and some stuff

for a total of 125 euros i got a psone with lcd and 10 games, and my lil bro has the pleasure of playing a dreamcast )()(
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

2lazy wrote:
quzar wrote:that shipping is REALLY inflated. for the 22 dreamcasts i bought (all but 3 or so had motherboards), the shipping was 50$ it was the real shipping price too, +- a few $ (i checked the labels).

i bid on it anyways...
Damn U! Your the one who stole those 22 DC's on ebay from me a while back .... :P
hehe. well, dont worry, you wernt missing that much. overall it wasnt a great deal just an OK deal. out of it all i was able to make 3 full working DCs (yes only 3) many of the '22' were empty cases, leaving 15 cases with stuff in them and only (ithink) 5 controller port boards. I was however able to upgrade my DC to a heatpipe, and one fully working DC was a Dec 2000, so i am able to do my DCinPC mod.

Yay, with 1h left it looks like my bid for the DCs is gonna stand :D
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null

Post by FETUS »

why do I only see these between checks :evil:
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

what does 125 euros equal in US dollars, cuz I got a PSone + LCD screen + all cords + cord to hook av devices into it, and a white original GBA ,and a cord for gba to gc

ALL for $55 )()(
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

even tho the dollar has been weak a lot lately, for the most part, 1 euro has usually equaled around 1 dollar.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

going by 1 euro = 1 dollar, I WIN )()(
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i lost the fickin auction
someone bid just a bit right in the last 5 minutes and it sold for like 1$ over what i put as my max. on the better side of things, i got a dremel =) cordless 60 accessories.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

quzar.....snipe's the word. :wink:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

yup, oh well, didnt really feel like paying 30$ anyways =P the dremel was 60$ so if i had gotten the DCs as well i would be running the red line