Fox to make live action Dragonball movies

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mr Plow
KL5-3226
KL5-3226
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fox to make live action Dragonball movies

Post by Mr Plow »

Fox draws deal for 'DragonBall' live-action pics

20th Century Fox has acquired the feature film rights to the hugely successful Japanese anime property "DragonBall" for studio division Fox 2000 to develop into a live-action franchise. Created by Japanese writer Akira Toriyama as a best-selling graphic novel, the property has been translated into a top-rated cartoon series, video games and straight-to-video releases, but the Fox deal marks the first time any company or studio has secured the live-action rights to the property. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. In its various incarnations during the past 15 years, "DragonBall" has followed an epic story between good and evil, centering on the character Goku and a handful of friends who battle for the Earth against the deadly forces of the Saiyans, who are sweeping across the universe, leaving a path of destruction. Goku and friends' best chance for survival rests with the Namekian DragonBalls, which provide them the power to summon a mighty dragon. "DragonBall" is perhaps best known by American audiences as a series on the Cartoon Network. "DragonBall Z" -- a series of 250-300 episodes that follow Goku's life as he grows up, gets married and has two sons -- debuted on the network in August 1998 and is the highest-rated cartoon on the network.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hollyw ... id=1396380

I don't like the chances of these movies being any good. I wonder who will play Goku?
Call Mr Plow, that's my name! That name again is Mr Plow!
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I can just see Chester (Jester?) from Linkin Park as Super Saiyan Goku....Oh the horror...this reeks of cheese. Isnt Resident Evil punishment enough?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

Oh why must another good cartoon/videogame/book be ruined by being made into a movie.. oh why can't they just leave things alone.. and write thier own stuff :(
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I know when the Dragon Ball series went to Bandai it went downhill. I beleive thta happened after the Boo Saga. That is when it went to Dragon Ball GT and they got the Super Saiyans X4. I know I have 1 episode and it is pretty bad.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

I know one thing, if Fox tries to get a PG or a PG-13 rating for this movie then I'm going to boycott! I'm tired, no, make that sick and tired of movie companies taking great ideas and turning them into shyt all so they can get more people to see them. No offense to anyone,..but I think most 5 year olds that watch the show can't understand the principles behind it. I'm not going to have something I loved reduced to nothing, for "big business". :evil: I love DBZ, I hate to see it exploited like this.. If the movie was on a level that you could compare it to the matrix or "The One" I wouldn't mind a bit, but it won't.
therealyoshi
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by therealyoshi »

I'm sick of ''dragonball'' and to see it as a movie well, that's just plain out disturbing. remember kung pow! that's how dragonball is going to turn out! sad, and bad!
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

heh i think all yall fans are going to be disapointed on the hair dues. dbz is all about the hair. this is going to suck big time.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

oh lord..its being ruined by it being dubbed like it is, we dont need it live action and on FOX! ...........

oh man..they'll take the script and make it opposite from the real story like making Furiza a good guy......lmao
Butter_pat_head
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Butter_pat_head »

'You can get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 than just with a kind word.': Obscure quote from Babylon 5
Mr Plow
KL5-3226
KL5-3226

Post by Mr Plow »

Yeah, I knew about that Hong Kong movie, saw it for sale in some public domain video ad in a magazine, they also had stuff like the unreleased Fantastic Four movie, the U.S. Red Dwarf pilot, Star Wars Holiday Special etc.
Call Mr Plow, that's my name! That name again is Mr Plow!
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

yeah..i remember hearing of that shite..i imagine it couldnt get any worse translation than that..
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i may be the only person who thinks this here, but i think DBZ is horrible.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

*starts soldering his nuts to his head, then stops and ponders*

"Where the fux is the petition to stop this?"

*continue suicide sequence*