looong question about 2nd or 3rd best system for 2d fighters

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

saturn

Post by aced411 »

I bought a saturn. it rocks.
Last edited by aced411 on Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insane DCEmu

saturn

Post by aced411 »

Get a Saturn. You won't regret it.
After contemplating for awhile, I still couldn't decide. Then I happened to stop by Gamestop to pickup a few DC games and to my surprise they actually had a saturn someone traded in, and it was priced at $20! I took that as a reason and picked it up. Online so far I bought SFA2 for $9, Darkstalkers 2 for $9, Samurai Showdown 4 new for $39, a second controller for $6, and a 5 in 1 ram/converter cartridge for $30. I found as long as you're patient and bargain shop it's worth it. Just don't give in to the few retailers who actually carry the vintage stuff and mark it way up. Local shops and ebay all the way. I just ordered everything so I haven't tried the games yet, but I can tell you the built in cd player is one of the best I've used on any console. Games on my future list are: Vampire savior, Samurai Showdown 3, Virtua Fighter 2 (yeah it's 3d, but still fun). I already have the KOF games and vs games covered on dreamcast so no need for any of that.
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

! at the gamestop i go to, i have asked about systems they dont support and they say they arnt allowed to take them in. the guy said that one day someone came in with a 3DO, a saturn and a jaguar and a bunch of games and he bought it all off of him for 100$. Also, i have Virtua Fighter 2, and its 2d... for the genesis too =)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

aced411, check ebay every now and then since the remaining Saturn games you want usually come up cheap. I just saw Vampire Savior and Samurai Shodown 3 sold for $4 each (including shipping).

Also, if you want I can set up an ebay auction for Virtua Fighter 2. I have 3 copies so I'll sell it for 3 bucks incliding shipping. Let me know if you want it. Oh and there are no scratches on it. I take care of my games.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

wasnt VF2 for genesis?
i have the cart right here...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

VF2 was a 2D por.... it wasn't even a port... it was a 2D fighter that had the same characters ...released about six months after the awesome saturn one was
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

lol, ok
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by aced411 »

Also, if you want I can set up an ebay auction for Virtua Fighter 2. I have 3 copies so I'll sell it for 3 bucks incliding shipping. Let me know if you want it. Oh and there are no scratches on it. I take care of my games.
Really? Do you have paypal? That would be awesome!

(Virtua Fighter 2 on genesis? What were they thinking?)
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Sorry I don't have paypal :(

I never played VF 2 on the Genesis but I did play VF on the Game Gear and it was actually good to my surprise. So maybe the Genesis one ain't so bad but of course it can't compare to the Saturn version.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

saturn rules

Post by aced411 »

For those that were wondering if the Saturn was worth it, the answer is YES! I finally received street fighter alpha 2 and darkstalkers 2 (night warriors) in the mail and gave them a shot. I can honestly say besides some longer but tolerable loading times, saturn can do 2d every bit as well as dreamcast. I can't tell the difference (remember, I'm talking about 2d, not 3d). I can't wait to try some of the games that use the RAM upgrade. This is a GREAT system for all the fighting games that aren't on the Dreamcast. Unfortunately it had a dead internal battery but I picked up a lithium replacement for $2.99 and found the easy access compartment in the back to change it. Good as new. From what I've read, x-men vs street fighter and vampire chronicles are even better, with really fast loading times and really nice animations. My system collection is getting out of hand. I have 5 consoles sprawled out in front of the tv (cube, xbox, dreamcast, saturn, snes) and now I'm considering a genesis. When will the madness end!
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Well that isnt as bad as an atari,nes,snes,genesis,psx,ps2,dreamcast (of course),xbox(modded) (so a cord is going to my computer from it along with the dreamcats one),cube,and my n64 :D.(I might be leaving one off oh yea saturn :P).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

that is nothing compared to my stacks of DC case tops, PSUs, mobos and metal inserts that are littering my room completely.
breachless
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by breachless »

Gotta love that controller too: PERFECT for fighting games. And don't even get me started on the import games that run on the 4-meg... AWESOME.
Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by aced411 »

The crappy thing is I'm running out of reasons to avoid the PS2. KOF2001 and 2002 came out for PS2 (US). SNK VS Capcom Chaos comes out next month. Samurai Showdown 5 comes out in June. KOF 2003 comes out in October. Metal Slug 3 comes out in October. Guilty Gear X2 is out. The only 2d fighting games that will be exclusive to the dreamcast are Fatal Fury MOTW and Street Fighter 3 third strike. Reason enough to keep the system, but not reason enough to avoid buying the PS2.
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

yea, but with most of those games already being on the DC, why get a PS2 just to play the slightly updated versions? kof01 and 02 are on DC already, SNKvsCap is already on DC, GGX is on DC and x2 is only slightly different from x. Dont give in!!! there are still games comin out! Homebrew is strong, keep your will just as strong! The code will emerge, and will be strong and verile! Do not fear the DC, embrace it fully and cast away the thoughts of competition systems.

LOL hehe televangelist lol.
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

quzar wrote:yea, but with most of those games already being on the DC, why get a PS2 just to play the slightly updated versions? kof01 and 02 are on DC already, SNKvsCap is already on DC, GGX is on DC and x2 is only slightly different from x. Dont give in!!! there are still games comin out! Homebrew is strong, keep your will just as strong! The code will emerge, and will be strong and verile! Do not fear the DC, embrace it fully and cast away the thoughts of competition systems.

LOL hehe televangelist lol.
You're right, but when you love a saga, you need to play all games. I bought my PS2 only to play GGXX, and I'm looking forward to GGXX Isuka...
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by aced411 »

yea, but with most of those games already being on the DC, why get a PS2 just to play the slightly updated versions? kof01 and 02 are on DC already, SNKvsCap is already on DC, GGX is on DC and x2 is only slightly different from x. Dont give in!!! there are still games comin out! Homebrew is strong, keep your will just as strong! The code will emerge, and will be strong and verile! Do not fear the DC, embrace it fully and cast away the thoughts of competition systems.
Thanks for the hope. I can live without the Guilty Gear update. Probably even the new KOF. Actually the big draw is the new SNK VS Capcom. It's totally different, and made by snk, not capcom. (not to be confused with "capcom vs snk")
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

Unfortunately SNK vs Capcom isn't as good as a lot of us expected (at least IMO). If you're a KOF fan, you'll miss a lot of moves, like short jumping, dashing, rolling, etc... and some characters are poorly done. Definitely I prefer to play Capcom vs SNK2 (and writing this hurts me, as the SNK fan I am).
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by aced411 »

Unfortunately SNK vs Capcom isn't as good as a lot of us expected (at least IMO). If you're a KOF fan, you'll miss a lot of moves, like short jumping, dashing, rolling, etc... and some characters are poorly done. Definitely I prefer to play Capcom vs SNK2 (and writing this hurts me, as the SNK fan I am).
Well, I've played both versions. They both have their strengths...but I believe snk vs capcom offers a uniquely different experience. I enjoyed playing it. I wouldn't say it's even close to being better....but different. I enjoyed it like I enjoyed SF3 third strike. It serves as something new, rather than the same old stuff.
Insane DCEmu

sweeeeet!

Post by aced411 »

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/snk ... 86773.html

HAHAHAHA!!!! :headbang:
Guilty Gear 2XX and SVC Chaos both coming to xbox! Now I don't have to buy a PS2! Woohoo!!!!! Guilty Gear will be on xbox live!